Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zeiss Differences: Diavari Z (MC) vs. Conquest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Zeiss Differences: Diavari Z (MC) vs. Conquest

Hello. I am wondering what the differences are between these two Zeiss scope models? Specifically, if the Diavari Z model (with MC coating) will be any more robust in build quality and if the glass is of better quality than the current Conquest offerings.

I am stuck between purchasing a lightly used Diavari Z scope and a new model Conquest....

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Zeiss Differences: Diavari Z (MC) vs. Conquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleyellowbat View Post
Hello. I am wondering what the differences are between these two Zeiss scope models? Specifically, if the Diavari Z model (with MC coating) will be any more robust in build quality and if the glass is of better quality than the current Conquest offerings.

I am stuck between purchasing a lightly used Diavari Z scope and a new model Conquest....

Thanks for the help.

Im told by people that use high quality scopes that the Diavari is brighter to see thru (??) than a conquest. As far as built "tougher"...."stronger"...personally I have my doubts...but the Diavari is more than I wish to spend on a scope and when I break my piggy bank open Im going Swaro or S&B...
Old 08-09-2012, 02:20 PM

I have the opportunity to get a used Diavari Z MC model at a price similar to an equivalent Conquest so I'm trying to evaluate whether the Diavari Z model is truly something special or just the predecessor to the Conquest models...
Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 PM

By the way, this is a great forum! Just found it recently and looking forward to looking through all the info here..
Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Silver Member

I'm not sure about the davari but I have a 3x9x50 conquest and a 2.5x10x50 victory and the difference at low light is astonishing. With the conquest I can see deer by the light of a half moon at 200yrds. With the victory I can see details like horns and eyes. With a full moon I can judge a deer with the victory. The conquest are almost all 1" tubes and the divari are all 30mm tubes. If the davari is a 30mm tube and not over 6 or 8 years old it is a much better scope.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Silver Member

Diavari Z is basically today's conquest. The "Z" turned into the "T*" coatings. Then they added "LotuTec" to the T* which is only on the outer portion of the objective. This year they have changed their class composition to the HT lens system. HT is really just a marketing name for their new High Transmission glass. They are trying to get away from the HD stigma. All have been multi coated lens systems.

Conquest is a fully coated lens system assembled in the US at the Meopta plant in NY. Nothing Zeiss about a Conquest.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Silver Member

+1 for Diavari
I hunt almost exclusively with the Conquest line in the US. They are fantastic and they are on almost every rifle I own. For a 1" tube the light transmission is great. Now over here in Sweden, I have been hunting with rifles equipped with Daivari glass. The low light differance with the 30mm tube, reguardless of the coating is huge advantage to the Daivari. We have been hunting Russian Boar in the wee hours. With the 30mm glass I get AT LEAST an extra half hour of a usable sight picture. I shot the boar that I posted in the Trophy Forum at 0345 in the morning. I don't think the 1" tube would have provided the shot. The bigger tube alone will make me get a Daivari when I find one for a good price.