Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zeiss' Customer Service?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Zeiss\' Customer Service (Update)

Its not every day the Press calls a customer in ANY big buisness. What a class act!!!
For all those in the market for a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest I may have the deal for you. $610.99 and free shipping. Deal good until end of June I believe.
SWFA will beat that price by $7.91 but I live in Texas so I gota pay tax. Not sure on free shipping from SWFA so if interestd ask.
Hope this helps atleast 1 person [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Life was ment to be lived with the smell of burning powder in your nose!!!!

Unread 08-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Silver Member
Zeiss\' Customer Service (Update)

I just relocated to Alaska this past month. Believe it or not, I had Zeiss' President, Mr Robert Siemers, call me at my house prior to my move here. As I stated in above thread, he apologized for any inconvience and instructed me to send the scope directly to him. We had a great visit on the phone and I believe he was geniune in his conversation. I did just as he instructed. Again, he seems to be a great American.

He politely kept me updated on its progress via email. I cut one of his emails in here.

Dear Capt. Greene,

Thanks for your service. We have check your scope and it is in good condition.

What we always do, we clean the scope, refill it with new gas and we change the springs in the scopes.

This all done free of charge.

We will send your scope back to AK, to your new address.

Please feel free to call me any time

Best regards,

Robert J.W. Siemers
Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.
13017 N. Kingston Avenue
Chester, VA 23836 USA

Phone: +1 804 530 5840
Fax: +1 804 536 7001

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I got it back really fast. Man, I am so happy! It is now just as good as the day I bought it.

The quality of work seems excellant. He also sent me a new Zeiss hat, and their excellant lense cleaning kit.

As a matter of fact, I have recently purchased another Zeiss, a Conquest 3X9 for my 375 RUM. I have always used Leupolds in the past, but thought i'd try the Zeiss Conquest. I put the Conquest 3x9 to the test beside my Leupold Vari X III 3x9. At 200 yards, the Leupold struggled in clarity next to the Zeiss. With the Zeiss, you could see way more detail in the target. I'm sold!

After talking with Mr. Siemers, and the way they handled my situation, I am a "now" a loyal and very dedicated Zeiss fan.

Unread 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Zeiss\' Customer Service (Update)

Hey Charles,

That is really good news and excellent customer service.