Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zeiss Conquest: Hunting vs Target Turret?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 PM

Re: Zeiss Conquest: Hunting vs Target Turret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megastink View Post
I'm considering a Zeiss 3-9x50 MC for my Savage .270. I want a dial for range, but I'm not sure what turret I want on it. Does anyone have a Zeiss with a "Hunting Turret"? "Target turret"? Can you please post a photo. Maybe give a few pros and cons. Thanks!
Here is a pic of Conquest with Target Turrets and HD5 with target turrets, in case you decide to get the HD5 2-10x42
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Zeiss Conquest: Hunting vs Target Turret?-zeiss-hd-vs-reg.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Yeah...but get that locking shroud off the bolt!!....
Yeah, I need to. I don't even use the damn things....Hell, the keys to them are in the boxes up in the attic. LOL

How much is a matte stainless pre-J shroud?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

*shoulder shrug*
Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLKHunter View Post
Here is a pic of Conquest with Target Turrets and HD5 with target turrets, in case you decide to get the HD5 2-10x42
How do you compare the HD5 Conquest with the regular Conquest? deciding if I should spend the extra $$. The regular Conquest can be had for less money these days since the HD came out.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakoluvr View Post
How do you compare the HD5 Conquest with the regular Conquest? deciding if I should spend the extra $$. The regular Conquest can be had for less money these days since the HD came out.
That would depend on price difference between the 2 I suppose. I cant say the HD5 glass is better that conquest yet since I've had the HD5 for only couple of weeks. Ill have a better idea in few months. The turrets, however, are def better on HD5. HD5 also has 65moa elev adj vs 45moa for conquest if it matters to you. But you cant go wrong with conquest. I have the 6.5-20 with varmint z reticle on a bm predator upper and its been perfect for the last 3 years.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Silver Member

I can get a 4.5-14x50 with target turrets for 560 plus shipping. I am very tempted to get it and then put on a Kenton custom turret for a .257 weatherby. Then again, that would run up the cost to 700. I believe the Kenton has a zero stop.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakoluvr View Post
I can get a 4.5-14x50 with target turrets for 560 plus shipping. I am very tempted to get it and then put on a Kenton custom turret for a .257 weatherby. Then again, that would run up the cost to 700. I believe the Kenton has a zero stop.
Even with kenton turrets that conquest will be $300 cheaper than 3-15 HD5. I say go for it!