Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zeiss Conquest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Gold Member

Re: Zeiss Conquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Hunter 2678: This is a 10 yr old thread we have been posting in,...!!!!!!
hell didnt even see that until now...
Old 09-02-2012, 01:11 AM

Awh whats a few years between friends. 10 year old thread feels just like yesterday to me. Just wish I could have just 1/2 of yesterday back. Does it matter where we post a thread if it's on the subject we are interested in. It's my fault for not looking but I sure got a lot of good info from you awl"s thanks everyone. Next time I will post in a 5 year old post and work my way back to the present ha..
Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 AM

I bought my Zeiss 6.5-20x50 w/the Z-1000 reticles thru SWFA.com. It was a Demo B Model for $799.95. In combination with my old HB Savage Model 10 SPF and using factory .308 Winchester Super X 150 gr. power points loaded @ 2820FPS. I shot one inch groups at 400 yds. having just two ringers out of the box of 20.
Was I lucky to have come across with a scope,Rifle combo like this?,
You will probably agree when I tell you, I also bought my Rifle Used. A Savage M-10 308 heavy barrel from a pawn shop dealer out of Kansas City, who had it advertised on gunbrokers.com for $500. (that included the shipping).
I saw this gun and fell in love with the Walnut thumb hole stock on it and I just had to have it.
When it came, the barrel exterior was rusty and even looked pitted, and it appeared well used., The serial number was so old Savage won't tell me the year it was made and I thought, "well crap ... shot out"..., "maybe the action is still good and I will only have to replace the barrel"?? But, some one up stairs was very kind to me and I am one of the luckiest individuals since we adopted out daughters.
I have always said "what dummy would spend more money on a scope than he would his Rifle"???
WAS I LUCKY? .. Heck Yes!! I bought a Rifle that was still truly accurate, but the luck ends there having finally spent more money on a good scope than I did my rifle. I tell young shooters now, save up your money don't go wasting the next 60 yrs buying cheaper scopes like I did. 60 years..... that's a long time to learn a hard lesson.
Coyote season is just around the corner and I am headed to northern Iowa this year. The coyotes up there like getting nailed at 500 plus yards and I have just what they need. Happy hunting ya-all
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Referring to the earlier question about who makes the Zeiss Conquest line, I had a dealer explain to me that Meopta produced the 1" diameter Conquest. Sometime ago Zeiss offered the 3x9x40 promotion for $399.99 at many stores. He said that when Meopta began their Meopro 1" series it marked the beginning of direct competition with the Zeiss contract and the Zeiss promotion went away, although I've seen the same price available in some stores, presumeably leftovers. This was his story and I can't say if its true or not, only that I found it interesting. I have a Meopta and they make a dang good product.