Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

zeiss conquest ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

zeiss conquest ?

a friend has a zeiss conquest 4.5-14x44, and I was under the impression that he could get a turret made by Kenton industries. after looking at their website and eyeballing the scope it doesn't appear to have a removable turret. on the Kenton site they offer a turret for a conquest retrofit. what is that? can said scope be sent off and have them put a turret on? or is this a waste of time and not possible?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: zeiss conquest ?

Send it to Zeiss. They can fit it with a adjustable turret
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Bronze Member

Call Kenton. They are an authorized Zeiss repair shop. They also do turret work for Zeiss. I had turrets made, for my 6.5 x 20, by Kenton and recommend them. The turrets are high quality and function perfectly. Kenton customer service personnel are very helpful if you have any questions. The the turn around was much faster than they told me. By sending your scope to them it goes to California not 1/2 way around the world.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmetalman View Post
...... The the turn around was much faster than they told me. By sending your scope to them it goes to California not 1/2 way around the world.

You send them to ZEISS in Virginia I believe. I had a reticle changed in one of mine and it didnt go "around the world" by any means

I was wrong...North Chesterfield Virginia
Old 07-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Silver Member

I use to live in Virginia and the zeiss building is right outside of chester VA. But on another note I suspect my scope was sent to Kenton as well. I had a gunsmith shop handle the entire operation as I was having a 257W set up. The 4.5x14 works good and it will hold its adjustment values up and down the range as you click it. I now have the same scope on a 6.5x284. I just had to order another turret to match the blist. of the gun and load. I wish I never would of let my wife have the other scope for her 243 but it good glass and since I had 2 conquest she now has one. But it make me a great varmit gun.
Just the other day I had my 4x16 viper and my zeiss out and honest at the 600yrds I think the zeiss may have been a little more crisp but it probably a toss up. Who knows.