Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

would you buy a scope that was mede in China?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Silver Member

Re: would you buy a scope that was mede in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
No doubt about that, and I'm certainly aware of the global nature of business today. I work for a Finnish company, which is in turn under an umbrella company that's owned by several Scandanavian interests. We have a manufacturing operation in Germany, and I attend trade shows both here and in Europe. My statements aren't to "buy American" and are not based on some xenophobia or bigotry. As I said, I'll buy Japanese optics in a heartbeat. For me, it's about WHO we're buying from. The Chinese are NOT our friends, and it doesn't go anywhere near far enough to simply describe them as economic competitors. We've already bumped into them militarily, in greater or lesser degrees on several occasions already. Anyone remember their siezure of our ELINT aircraft back in early 2001? Or proxy warfare waged against us by North Korea? The USS Pueblo? How about any number of cyber probes or attacks that we've endured in the past few years. There's alse the question of the missle launch off the CA coast only a month or two back, that has all the earmarks of a Chinese "message" to this administration. All of that will be dwarfed by whatever goes down once China decides they're strong enough to take back their "breakaway province" of Taiwan at some point in the not-too-distant future. My point here is, I see no need to add to their technical ability or manufacturing capability, especially when it comes to dual use items that can/will be used against us.
Well said Sir!!! I think many of us share this same viewpoint...but hadn't shaped a reply so well constructed.

Wayne
Old 12-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Bronze Member

I'm with you.
Well said Kevin
Old 12-30-2010, 12:01 PM

It is obvious that outsourcing has some very negative effects on our economy. some manufacturers do not pass their savings on to the American consumer but realize a higher profit due to cheaper chineese labor.

This downfall has occurred over many years and unfortunately may not be reversible. Problem is, greed has an effect that the entire world.

No, I would not prefer to purchase a scope from China but what if it bacame known to us that the very best scope with no faults and supreme quality was available and the retail price half of the other scopes we prefer. I am afraid they would sell like the proverbial hotcakes. Just look at any Wal-Mart parking lot. Most of those people could care less about buying Chineese. All they care about is getting the 'stuff" they want and keeping as much of their money as possible.

What we are seeing with this globalization is what is lining up for the end times. There will be one world gov't and rule which will let the evil one (hope everyone realizes there are two forces-good and evil) get in control for a short time. It will be a terrible time for mankind.

So when I see these things happening that are invading our very way of life (Chineese imports being just one) I just have to say God is in control and Jesus is coming very soon to bring things to a halt
Old 12-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member

Ahhhhh Greed is good! Makes the world go around and pay for my toys!!

Going to watch "Money Never Sleeps" again!!!!!!!