Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

WOTAC or INTENCITY OPTICS ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

WOTAC or INTENCITY OPTICS ?????

Whou, Just when you think that you have an idea, you get thrown into the Vast world of optics available these days. I just ran across a brand of scope called the WOTAC. I am not familiar with them but maybe some of you Tenured members might! It is a tactical model with side focus or parallax, whichever, that is priced at $329.00, gen4. There website is www.sightwonders.com. I visited it and saw some info on it and FOR THE MONEY, it don"t seem too bad. On the web page it also lead me to a web page from www.sniperhide.com that had a feature on it. Any thought or experiences?On a second note, I and my son were in a Gunshop earlier today, and ran across a brand of scope, INTENCITY, that is supposedly marketed by or distributed by Federal Ammo Co. I have never heard of them, but beleive me when I tell you , these scopes are the clearest and brightest optics I have ever seen before, bare none. This model was 2.8x10x44. Very sharp and clear X-hair. They are made in the Phillapines. I was impressed with price as well. $189.oo with a free set off rest bags, and a electronic ear muff set. Any body heard of this brand?7STW P/S The power range on the WOTAC was 4-14x50

Last edited by 7stw; 02-20-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old 02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: WOTAC or INTENCITY OPTICS ?????

Not familar with either. As far as clearest and brightest optics you've ever seen, bare none...I guess that's possible depending on what other scopes you've looked through. The clearest and brightest scopes are generally much more expensive. IMHO you usually will get what you paid for. Just my 2 cents. Maybe others may be familar and will comment.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Not familar with either. As far as clearest and brightest optics you've ever seen, bare none...I guess that's possible depending on what other scopes you've looked through. The clearest and brightest scopes are generally much more expensive. IMHO you usually will get what you paid for. Just my 2 cents. Maybe others may be familar and will comment.
Chas1, I suppose that I could clear that up by stating that I have looked through many QUALITY and HIGH DOLLAR optics in my days, about 35 yrs, and also still own some of them too. That INTENCITY OPTICS scope was a 2.8-10x44. I have a Leupold 3.5x10x40 Varx-III. That scope I looked through was as if not brighter. I am not easily excited about non american made optics and typically scrutinize them all until I talk myself out of them. I, like you have not heard of either, but there is so much product coming down the pike now that it behoves you to at least LOOK at what is avail, or what may become a option of use.Just my 2cAIM SMALL, MISS SMALL, 7STW
Old 02-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Bronze Member

If you like the Intencity optics follow the link, On sale for $59.97

Federal Intensity 2.8 - 10x 44 Mm Rifle Scope, Scopes, Federal at Sportsman's Guide
Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLZ View Post
If you like the Intencity optics follow the link, On sale for $59.97

Federal Intensity 2.8 - 10x 44 Mm Rifle Scope, Scopes, Federal at Sportsman's Guide
GLZ, Thanks for the reply. I did a liitle net surfing this morning and found the same ad that you quoted from Sportsman Guide, also went to www.intensityoptics.com and found more info on the whole line. It pretty much tells the story b ut they are actually WEAVER scopes made in the Phillipines for Federal premium. I liked the Quality of the one that I looked through BEFORE I knew the price. At least a option to some, maybe even me. The second scope is called the WOTAC , owned by Matt. Wonder at www.sightwonders.com The scope is 4-14x50mm with 30mm tube. Price is at 300.00 ish. It is not a high dollar scope, but the reviews I read on a few other websights were favorable, and for someone who doesn't have a grand to invest, but needs some optics to get you by, these may be a option! My 2C. I originally asked for info, because I knew nothing about them, so after finding out for myself, I thought I would pass it on to others who may be looking for options. Check the websites out, you be the judge! 7STW

Last edited by 7stw; 02-21-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

I've been running a WOTac 4-14 since spring on my hunting rifle and I have found it to be a very good optic. It is a very stout built, it's turret adjustments are very accurate and repeatable. The clicks are sharp and audible, 100MOA elevation and 80 windage, 15 MOA per turn. It glass is as good or better as any Nikon or Leopold I have used, I think the glass is decent. The turrets function sharper and louder than anything I have played with other than a Nightforce, including IOR, Leopold, Nikon, Vortex and Sightron.
I have really gotten to like the reticule, it's also accurate. I can dial for a shot then zero and use the reticule for hold over and both shots are in the same group. I can literally take one sighter shot and measure with the reticule and dial and the second shot will be on target, that's all I do to sight in for a different load, I have never been able to do that with any other optic.
Is it a Nightforce, NO. It is a very competitive optic in it's price range and for the style and I don't have the coin for better glass so this fills the gap real well till I can but the adjustments are so accurate that I have no problem with it.
Lifetime warranty, period.
There has been some problems but Matt has taken care of them fast, I kinda like to support the little guy and the optic is far better than the price suggests.
It works very well for me, I have heard he has some higher mag models and maybe a FFP in the works.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I've been running a WOTac 4-14 since spring on my hunting rifle and I have found it to be a very good optic. It is a very stout built, it's turret adjustments are very accurate and repeatable. The clicks are sharp and audible, 100MOA elevation and 80 windage, 15 MOA per turn. It glass is as good or better as any Nikon or Leopold I have used, I think the glass is decent. The turrets function sharper and louder than anything I have played with other than a Nightforce, including IOR, Leopold, Nikon, Vortex and Sightron.
I have really gotten to like the reticule, it's also accurate. I can dial for a shot then zero and use the reticule for hold over and both shots are in the same group. I can literally take one sighter shot and measure with the reticule and dial and the second shot will be on target, that's all I do to sight in for a different load, I have never been able to do that with any other optic.
Is it a Nightforce, NO. It is a very competitive optic in it's price range and for the style and I don't have the coin for better glass so this fills the gap real well till I can but the adjustments are so accurate that I have no problem with it.
Lifetime warranty, period.
There has been some problems but Matt has taken care of them fast, I kinda like to support the little guy and the optic is far better than the price suggests.
It works very well for me, I have heard he has some higher mag models and maybe a FFP in the works.
Well, Thanks for the feed back, and you hit on few very good point, not only about the scope, but by the SELLER. Actually I had read that elsewhere that the customer service is excellent and in day in time that is just as important to me. On another, quote, "no it's not a nightforce", but that being part ofit as well, it dosen't cost as much, but will get you by. Yes there is a lot of JUNK out that you have to muttle through, but I do beleive that You can get most of what You want,without spending more than you want! Will it work for a while, I think so! Thanks again for your reply, GOOD SHOOTING7STW