Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

windage adjustable Weaver rings/bases?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Silver Member

Re: windage adjustable Weaver rings/bases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westkraut View Post
What bases are you using with the Burris Zee rings......Weaver? other maker's?.....steel rails?

I use Warne one piece steel bases. This is a no brainer for me since Warne bases are manufactured in my state

Since Burris rings are steel. I use steel bases. Most interesting argument I heard in favor of this was that aluminum and steel expand at different rates when heated. So, I like the steel on steel on steel thing.

There are some good threads on this sight about mounting baeses too. Some guys use JB Weld to get an exact no stress fit of the base to the action.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM

Re: windage adjustable Weaver rings/bases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farout View Post
I use Warne one piece steel bases. This is a no brainer for me since Warne bases are manufactured in my state

Since Burris rings are steel. I use steel bases. Most interesting argument I heard in favor of this was that aluminum and steel expand at different rates when heated. So, I like the steel on steel on steel thing.

There are some good threads on this sight about mounting baeses too. Some guys use JB Weld to get an exact no stress fit of the base to the action.
That makes sense (differential expansion) so another good bit of info.....and another good reason to just remove the Weaver bases and start over.....I'll do some checlking of other threads and bookmark them........thanks very much and Merry Christmas to you and other members.........karl