Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

windage adjustable bases ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Gold Member

windage adjustable bases ?

any suggestions as to the best windage adjustable bases available for rem. 700 with burris ext. tactical 6x24x50 ? after sighting in i don't have any "left" windage remaining. I have installed the +10 inserts both front and rear, but still lack any "left" windage, so want suggestions for adjustable rear base.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:41 PM
GNERGY

Re: windage adjustable bases ?

What do you have on there now for bases?
Tarey
Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBULLET View Post
any suggestions as to the best windage adjustable bases available for rem. 700 with burris ext. tactical 6x24x50 ? after sighting in i don't have any "left" windage remaining. I have installed the +10 inserts both front and rear, but still lack any "left" windage, so want suggestions for adjustable rear base.
I am not aware of a windage adjustable base, however there is the leupold style front dovetail and rear windage base and rings. It has 2 large windage screws that hold the rear rings and allow minor windage adjustment. I had one of these windage screws break on a 7mmRemMag, so I don't use them anymore but there are alot of people who do.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBULLET View Post
I'm assuming (big word) that you're using Burris Signature rings?
If so, are your inserts being used to alter the scope left-to-right, up-and-down, or both? Would you mind explaning a bit more about your setup? Any pictures?

I've had to use a +/-20 insert with a +/-10 insert with a dual dovetail system to get it all lined up where I wanted. No windage adjustments available when using dual dovetails or some other bases, so you have to do it all with the inserts. And, you may need +/-20s both front and back.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vette View Post
I'm assuming (big word) that you're using Burris Signature rings?
If so, are your inserts being used to alter the scope left-to-right, up-and-down, or both? Would you mind explaning a bit more about your setup? Any pictures?

I've had to use a +/-20 insert with a +/-10 insert with a dual dovetail system to get it all lined up where I wanted. No windage adjustments available when using dual dovetails or some other bases, so you have to do it all with the inserts. And, you may need +/-20s both front and back.
yes, I'm using the +10 front and rear to adjust windage as far as it will go. The xtreme tactical is a 30mm body, so BURRIS does not make a +20 insert like hey do for the 1" scopes. In the process of making a set of inserts now.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Silver Member

Please don't take this wrong but did you get the inserts in right? only reason I ask is that when I got mine I put them on the wrong side the first time out. Later,

Kirk
Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

I would look at what was jacked up on my action. You shouldn't need that much windage plus inserts and still not on target, that seems a little extreme but then I haven't ran into that before.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"