Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Wild RangeFinder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2002, 07:03 PM
Silver Member

Wild RangeFinder

Just recieved my Wild Rangefinder today. Am very impressed with the optical/mechanical quality, otherwise it is surplus, (the wife is having a hard time believing I paid 400$ for it)

Kinda got second thoughts right now, been trying to range several items and am finding it rather frustrating. BUT I am trying to do this while its snowing bigtime and visibility is appx 3/4's. So what can I expect, right?

Just need some reassurance that I spent my money wisely as I do need a rangefinder and one that is accurate beyond 1k on items a bit smaller than a barn... I won't really get to test it till tomorrow or the weekend, spose to snow like a sum-bit## too.

Can someone give me some positive feed back. And tell me that I did good. C'mon guys give me the warm-fuzzy feeling one spose to get when getting new toys..

Nodak7mm [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Member #92
Old 02-28-2002, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wild RangeFinder

Okay

I've never had one but spend a little time fondling one. A fella can never have too much experience or equipment. You did good!

If you don't like it after playing with it for a while list it here, *WyoWhisper* needs more gear. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

My brother has one, we've been using it for about 6 years now and it's great. We also have Bausch & Lomb swing types and we zeroed the Wild in with them and we always double check them against each other and they always check out the same. Make sure you zero your rifles in with them also. Even if the rangefinder is wrong, it don't make no difference, as long as you are using one of those rifles. The Barr & Stroud is a good one too. You'll love it. Carry a calculator to convert to yards.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Bronze Member

I got mine last week and it works great Of cores i had to break down and read the How to use the thing frist but only after a few hours of trying the do it your self thing frist LOL LOL LOL LOL I guess that is why they send the how to gide I hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine: Coyote Slayer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Roy

You will like it a lot.

I have the ones that Dan Conzo mentioned. Since I have the military lasers the optical units stay in the gun room.
Once the Halving is set on your unit, it should be perfect. Even if it is off a bit and you actual fire your rifle to the yardage/meters on the rangefinder, it will be fine.
Make your final adjustments at a known distance. If the unit came with the platter board, set it out there 300 meters and set you rangefinder to that. They are easy to set if you have a known distance. That one is probably right on if it was refurbished.

Have fun
Darryl

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 02-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Silver Member

Thanx Guys, I can now sleep. CoyoteSlayer is right on the money. I am laughing my ***** off thinking about how I was earlier. When all else fails, read the directions...

I'll let ya know how things pans out when wx clears and snow stops and IF I have issues, I know who to call..

Thanks again to y'all and I got a say, the are shooting BBS and then there is LRH. This is the one and only. Now if I can get my LRH video to watch..

Rod (Nodak7mm) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Member #92
Old 02-28-2002, 10:11 PM

Hey This is a great site. I just bought my Wilde thing at the Harrisburg show.So far, So good (no pun intended).Now I just need more room.