Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Why so many NF scopes for sale?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Silver Member

Why so many NF scopes for sale?

As much as I'd like to own one, I certainly don't have the funds so I just look and read about them. Seems like every day someone is trying to sell a used NF. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?
Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Why so many NF scopes for sale?

I think there are several reasons for this.

They are expensive so some guys sell because they need money and can get a good chunk by selling an expensive item that holds it's value.

There are alot of them around so there will be some for sale.

Updating a power or reticle choice, selling old to buy new scope with desired reticle, zero stop, high speed turrets etc.

I sell alot of things because I want to try something else and only have limited funds for new purchase, so something must go. I would rather have a few really good items than a bunch of cheap ones, but I have a friend who has a whole safe full of junk and is happy because he likes quantity, I like quality.

I definitely don't think most are selling because they are not satisfied because these scope bring top dollar used.

Gary
Old 03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Gold Member

I agree. Lots of folks stretch to get one and after a while decide they can get by with less and need the cash difference. One thing about nice gear that holds it's value: You don't just have to afford to get it, you have to be able to afford to keep it.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member

It more or less happens every year after SHOT show, who every has the new cool product out you'll see used or older models getting sold of to have the latest greatest. You also have the guys selling optics to by AR's or panic buying other gun related items.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

You all have some good points that I guess I didn't consider. I never had any doubt about their quality of the products, top notch by all accounts. In reality, I have no need for one other than I just want to have it. I've been doing fine without so far but I'd still like to have one some day.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Silver Member

Wish there was more like another NF F1 with MLR2..... Haven't seen a F1 for sale for quite sometime.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 AM

I was thinking it was because a lot of guys are wanting to upgrade to the new Nightforce ATACR.