Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Where to buy EGW picatinny mount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Where to buy EGW picatinny mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
and because "its" used by the military its the BEST of its category? Pass me that crack pipe...I need a hit too!

Its no different that scopes used by snipers and wannabe's today. Back in REAL WORLD they used 8X and I think??..not sure...some 10X fixed glass. Now every guy that lays belly down to shoot has to have a 5-50 X with enough hash marks in the view finder to block the target out totally.

Military...yeah.."better"!

Please quote my post & highlight where I put Military and Better into the same sentence let alone the same paragraph. Back in the day they drove model A's too.....

As to your second comment, I do not own nor ever have owned a 5-50 (if they exist). My comments are based on those who use their firearms as a tool to either save lives or earn their living where "Good Enough" doesn't cut it.

If I have to get out the crayons I will. I never said your vaunted EGW wouldn't work, I merely stated that there are other options that may provide better quality & strength. I DID state that in particular situations, with particular setups, they are probably not best choice.

t

Old 04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
cheers,
I owned a $4,500 (valued) custom .308 built off a Model 7 action, that was built by a good friend of mine, who is very renowned gunsmith. I had Leupold dovetail rings and bases on it...Would still shoot 1 hole groups. It got stolen in 2008, and I doubt I'll ever see that gun again. I pray I do, but I doubt it.

Just b/c you have a $5K rifle, doesn't mean that name brand on any of the parts really means jack squat. I could have my friend built me a no-name rifle, machine me no-name custom carbon fiber stock, have him do all the work, machine me no-name rings & bases, and I bet it will STILL outshoot most of the rifles out there.

Just b/c a car says Ferrari on the side, doesn't mean the window-licker behind the wheel can drive it...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have 4 also...but all of mine are 15 MOA instead of 20
I have 2, 20 MOA, and 2, 0 MOA. 1 of each for my long and short-action 700's that I shoot at distance with.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
and because "its" used by the military its the BEST of its category? Pass me that crack pipe...I need a hit too!

Its no different that scopes used by snipers and wannabe's today. Back in REAL WORLD they used 8X and I think??..not sure...some 10X fixed glass. Now every guy that lays belly down to shoot has to have a 5-50 X with enough hash marks in the view finder to block the target out totally.

Military...yeah.."better"!
It's the same reason that everyone is dumping their 5R .308's and getting .300 WinMags now.....B/c if the military uses it, it MUST be the best. Since the military has now phased out all their .308 M24's, and are rebarreling them to .300 WM.

.300 WM is a hell of a cartridge, but the 7mmSTW is better. Whether people want to admit it or not. Ballistics are ballstics. Holds more powder, shoots flatter, shoots further, and has bullets that carry more, or equal, BC as compared bullet weight-to-bullet weight.

Quote:

Last edited by MudRunner2005; 04-03-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvie13 View Post
I tried everywhere to find this thing and its backordered everywhere. I got my gun, scope, and rings on the way and the EGW 20moa is backordered for a month. I have tried cabelas, optic planet, bass pro, gander mountain, midway usa, swfa, egw. Anyone know where i could get one??
What type of rifle?

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
What type of rifle?
I asked earlier, and have yet to find out.....

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I owned a $4,500 (valued) custom .308 built off a Model 7 action, that was built by a good friend of mine, who is very renowned gunsmith. I had Leupold dovetail rings and bases on it...Would still shoot 1 hole groups. It got stolen in 2008, and I doubt I'll ever see that gun again. I pray I do, but I doubt it.

That's quite a kick in the guts, I feel for your there, no joking. It's like messing with a guys truck or girl, there are some things you just don't touch.

Just b/c you have a $5K rifle, doesn't mean that name brand on any of the parts really means jack squat. I could have my friend built me a no-name rifle, machine me no-name custom carbon fiber stock, have him do all the work, machine me no-name rings & bases, and I bet it will STILL outshoot most of the rifles out there.

Just b/c a car says Ferrari on the side, doesn't mean the window-licker behind the wheel can drive it...

I agree, to a point; name brand equipment manufacturers (a relatively vague term) are still in business because their products work & those who use & abuse their gear believe in them enough to pay more for that extra piece of mind. Your Ferrari comment made me laugh as it is true. Then again, I as the shooter would much rather be the least capable of the package (rifle, optics & shooter).

As stated before, different strokes, thats all.

t

Last edited by Outlaw6.0; 04-03-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo