Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

What scope should I top on my Mosin Nagant?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: What scope should I top on my Mosin Nagant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
... The accuracy isn't bad for the first few rounds but can be measured in feet when they heat up a little. With that said, a Finnish guy named Simo Hayha had over 500 Sniper kills in 100days against the Russians with one with open sights. I guess he didn't let it heat up. ...
I spent 2 years there... hard for anything to heat up much during a hard Finnish winter ...

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 PM

Re: What scope should I top on my Mosin Nagant?

Well here we go the group is actually a little on the big side for this I usually get 3 to 5 shots under a dime at 100(the two on the right are a reduced load I was working on the picture is sideways) As you can see the original stock is no peace of art but it worked good, you can probably see I am an amateur at accurizing as well but this was a great rifle to learn on . I have not shot it in the new Bluegrass rifle stock yet. but hope to soon. Bushnell Elite 10X fixed works great. This gun drives my Buddy with his Kimber Tactical Rig Crazy when we shoot at the range together.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
What scope should I top on my Mosin Nagant?-mosinbefore.jpg   What scope should I top on my Mosin Nagant?-groupmosin.jpg  

What scope should I top on my Mosin Nagant?-mosinafter.jpg