Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

What are peoples opinion of Minox?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 AM

What are peoples opinion of Minox?

Hi All,

It appears to me that Minox is bigger in the US than in the UK.
Those of you that have purchased the bino's or scopes do you find them ok?
I have compared the binos side by side with Swarovski at last light and there isnt much difference.
Any experience?

Thanks

Richard
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: What are peoples opinion of Minox?

I have one of their 4X20 rifle scopes. Took it to Africa last year. My PH wound up w/ it as his tip. Good glass for the price. The eye box is a little small. Thats my biggest criticism. I have one w/ 3 stadia lines. Easy to keep track of where your gun is shooting w/ those. Overall a good product. Over on Optics talk they seem to like them pretty well as a general rule. Bruce
Old 06-08-2012, 10:22 PM

I have a 2-10X40 and the glass is excellent. The scope holds zero, tracks well, and is light weight. The only issue I have with the scope is the turrets. They have a small amount of lash in them when I change directions. My buddy also has the same scope and he has lash in his turrets as well. I would not hesitate to purchase another Minox product based on the experience I have had with my scope.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:45 AM

Thanks chaps, but what is 'lash'?
Never heard of that one.
Cheers
Richard
Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Gold Member

i've heard good things about minox. great glass,solid construction. i was thinking about trying their 6-30x56
Old 06-11-2012, 10:53 PM

I have the good spotter and the 13x56 binos and really like them, really clear and crisp.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM

On my scope the turret is mushy for the 1st 1/4 moa when I change from dialing elevation up to down or down to up. It is almost like the click is not there, but the elevation adjusts correctly it just doesn't feel as though it does. I have made this comment to other Minox owners and they seem to not have this problem so it may just be my scope. My scope holds zero perfectly so I am not concerned about the "mush" in the turrets because this is a scope that gets sighted in and left. If I was dialing all the time I would worry about it more.