Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

What brand of scope do you prefer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What brand of scope do you prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl licht View Post
It's the Internet...I find it strange that people actually care enough about some anonymous posting to get their feelings hurt. I'm dealing with some mental giants...I use the monicker "Daryl Licht" for christ's sake. I do use a S&B but I have it mounted on a howa. I have friends with night force etc. and looking through scopes side by side the S&B wins every time. My opinion but based on fact.
Unsubscribing to avoid any more of your drivel...
Old 09-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Silver Member

I use the S&B PMII'S and am more than happy with them. Can you get by with a lesser scope absolutely, but I shoot alot of precision rifle matches and do alot of coyote hunting and prefer to have the best glass available. * before you round up the posse I am not saying that S&B is the best glass known to man, I am saying that if its not you can see the best glass from where the S&B is sitting.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Bronze Member

Couldn't agree more
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl licht View Post
Without any hesitation at all I say my Schmit Bender PM2 5x25 is the finest scope that's ever been made. That statement however could easily say "ANY" SB scope. That's not only my personal feeling but SOCOM feels that way based on the amount they spend on their purchase orders, most places that sell them are out but will allow you to backorder, and perhaps most importantly this websites own statistics support the above statements. I personally went through this sites classifieds for optics and in over 500 ads there were only 2 SB's. There were scores of leupolds, nightforces, trijicons, nikons, etc. etc. etc.. But 2 SB's. Once you've shot one everything else is for sale.
Could not have said it better,,,you nailed it.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by window licker View Post
I use the S&B PMII'S and am more than happy with them. Can you get by with a lesser scope absolutely, but I shoot alot of precision rifle matches and do alot of coyote hunting and prefer to have the best glass available. * before you round up the posse I am not saying that S&B is the best glass known to man, I am saying that if its not you can see the best glass from where the S&B is sitting.
No other even comes close to S&B I own (8) and (8) Swarovski and (4) Zeiss..
My eyes say they are the best...I also own (6) nightforce but they rate last on my list..Long ago like everyone else I owned all the other cheaper models listed but
removed them as time went by.I will try the new Nightforce - Atacr- only because
Broz. and others did such a extensive test on it..All that said nothing compairs to
S&B...I have been lucky to be self employed all my life so I can afford to buy what I feel is the best and totally understand the money crunch many are in today..
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Bronze Member

I use mine almost daily as we are infested with pigs here in the hill country. I've got a bench on the deck and can take shots at hogs anywhere from 325 to 1200 yds. The ability for these old eyes to be able to see with absolute clarity at those ranges along with the utmost confidence in the repeat ability of adjustments make the SB my pick. Until they wise up a bit then I switch to a flir thermal and give them hell. Hogs...250 pound cockroaches. Although now that they've started selling tannerite everywhere here in Texas I'm thinking about 5 pounds in a corn pile mixed with with gravel...might just get em all.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Silver Member

First off dont feel guilty for what you own, I dont make a pile of money but I am single and have few bills and little debt "life choices".
As far as the gravel/tannerite scenario use the river rock and double the tannerite.