Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

What brand of scope do you prefer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Re: What brand of scope do you prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchracer View Post
That was COMPLETELY uncalled for and has no place in a civil discussion. The member you are referring to did nothing but state a different set of priorities that governs his choice of optics. Neither he, nor anyone else here, deserves to be treated in that manner. If you have come here to impress people with your discriminating taste, fat wallet, or any other form of d!*k measuring, I suggest you go somewhere else.

OR you can learn to engage your brain before running off at the keyboard. That way, it will be possible for you to be capable of having a civilized conversation. You have nice taste in optics, but very poor judgement. If comments like these are an indication of the kind of man you are, I suggest you take the money you are spending on expensive optics and send yourself to Charm School.
I felt as you do.!.. High 5!!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchracer View Post
That was COMPLETELY uncalled for and has no place in a civil discussion. The member you are referring to did nothing but state a different set of priorities that governs his choice of optics. Neither he, nor anyone else here, deserves to be treated in that manner. If you have come here to impress people with your discriminating taste, fat wallet, or any other form of d!*k measuring, I suggest you go somewhere else.

OR you can learn to engage your brain before running off at the keyboard. That way, it will be possible for you to be capable of having a civilized conversation. You have nice taste in optics, but very poor judgement. If comments like these are an indication of the kind of man you are, I suggest you take the money you are spending on expensive optics and send yourself to Charm School.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
I felt as you do.!.. High 5!!
As per Sully2, I too feel as benchracer!!

You know, I can afford Any glass on the market. However, I choose not to. Not because S&B or others aren't the best, but because they are not, in my opinion, 300 to 400% better than others. When the time comes, knowledge of your guns capability, ballistic accuracy, properly set up optics and use of good shooting techniques play a Much Bigger Part in shooting and hunting success than whether or not you invest in any top-of-the-line equipment...Nuf Said!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Bronze Member

You guys are breaking my heart next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama. As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford. If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best the best then please list them but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Bronze Member

I've only shot Nightforce, it does everything I need to do.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl licht View Post
You guys are breaking my heart next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama. As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford. If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best the best then please list them but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.

Out to gather sympathy I see.....LMAO
Old 09-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Bronze Member

It's the Internet...I find it strange that people actually care enough about some anonymous posting to get their feelings hurt. I'm dealing with some mental giants...I use the monicker "Daryl Licht" for christ's sake. I do use a S&B but I have it mounted on a howa. I have friends with night force etc. and looking through scopes side by side the S&B wins every time. My opinion but based on fact.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl licht View Post
You guys are breaking my heart
Sorry, didn't realize you were so tender hearted
Quote:
next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama.
NOYB...but, No
Quote:
As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by long range hunter View Post
Which brand of scope do you prefer and why?
Actually, the OP's direct question had nothing to do with what do you feel is best, just what do you prefer and why.
Quote:
If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best then please list them
Already answered by all participants, validated by their stated reasons
Quote:
but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.
Guess your insistence means you have your opinion, so does everyone else. This is all the OP wanted to know...no personal attacks required!