Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

What brand of scope do you prefer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Silver Member

Re: What brand of scope do you prefer

I have Vortex, Leupold, Zeiss and Nikon. I would like to step up to a Night Force or Huskemaw. For the money the Vortex are hard to beat
Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Bronze Member

Might need to take up a collection for those that list food as their favorite scope. Everything you do in this life is a decision. I choose to run a nice scope. Some have big houses some have nice cars and some have 20 kids, I choose high end optics. I suggest if your running on the fiscal edge to the the point food is a factor in your purchase decisions you might abstain from discretionary spending...and save some money. Now lets all have a pity party for our friend here and pass the hat around.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Bronze Member

Leupold...Have owned a 4X32, 3-9X42, 3.5-10x50, 3-18X50...all performed great and met my needs with Very Good Optic performance vs price, Solid Build, were Compact and light, have transferable Lifetime Warranties, and above all...Made In America!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Bronze Member

Your statement, although it makes me want to salute a flag, isnt exactly accurite. Most if not all leupold binos are made in Japan, along with a very high percentage of all the glass they use in everything. Although your patrotism is to be applauded it might well require your doing some more research. It like calling a Toyota made in a factory here in the USA, American made.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl licht View Post
Your statement, although it makes me want to salute a flag, isnt exactly accurite. Most if not all leupold binos are made in Japan, along with a very high percentage of all the glass they use in everything. Although your patrotism is to be applauded it might well require your doing some more research. It like calling a Toyota made in a factory here in the USA, American made.
Or Ford being made in Mexico
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
My question to all you long range hunters out there, which brand of scope do you prefer and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl licht View Post
Your statement, although it makes me want to salute a flag, isn't exactly accurate. Most if not all Leupold binos are made in Japan, along with a very high percentage of all the glass they use in everything. Although your patriotism is to be applauded it might well require your doing some more research. It's like calling a Toyota made in a factory here in the USA, American made.
Daryl,

I'm aware Leupold products are not manufactured with 100% American components...it is what it is in our global economy. Hopefully though, I answered your original stated question?!

Theo
Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member

This is how it breaks down for me, Nightforce is the top end and even adding another couple grand won't buy and optic that will perform at the same level for my shooting I however can not afford to go crazy with Nightforce.
My next is the Vortex, for me it's the budget Nightforce, you get good tracking and turrets, zero stop, usable amount of MOA and serviceable glass but a little touchy in the eye box, I own more Vortex than anything and they replaced all my Leopold optics!
I do mount a Sightron SIII as a more budget friendly scope that will get you 100 MOA of travel, good glass and tracking but lacks the zero stop.

Ideally I'd have a Nightforce ATACR on my long range rifles and a Nightforce 2.5x10-42 NXS on everything else.