Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

What is the best tracking scope ever?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: What is the best tracking scope ever?

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like everyone pretty well belives that the nightforce should track as well as any of the very best scopes. This is what I was after. I wanted call on the experience of everyone more experienced than me to confirm what I was thinking. So just to be clear...there is no one scope that has a reputation for being more mechanically sound, more consistantly than the rest?
I've decided that I would pay as much as it takes (even if it means saving) to be sure that I have the BEST tracking, most repeatable, consistant, accurate scope in the world. If nightforce is tied for first with all the above mentioned scopes then nightforce it is until I save for all the other options that the most expensive scopes offer outside of tracking.

Thanks again.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What is the best tracking scope ever?

I test all my scopes to track properly and return to zero. I was talking with Bryan Litz once and he asked me to verify my scope tracking to well past a mile. I set up a tall board at 100 yards. With a small aim point at the bottom shot to confirm zero. I then cranked in 10 moa and shot, then 20,30,40,50,60,70,80 then shot another at 80, then back to 70 and shot again then 60,50,40,30,20,10 and back to zero. The Nightforce NXS tracked true and repeated all the way up and back.

I have owned over 20 NXS scopes, and installed many for others too. I have yet to have one that didn't track true and return to zero.

Jeff