Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

WARNE MAXIMA RINGS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Silver Member

WARNE MAXIMA RINGS

Any input on these in the permanently attached version? They "look" well made and they are priced even better. Could this be an alternative to tactical mounts for a strong mounting system on a hunting rifle?

Thanks.

Wim
Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 AM

Re: WARNE MAXIMA RINGS

Very solid rings. I use them on my Cz527 Kevlar.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member

They are pretty good rings very strong but make sure that you lapp them before putting your scope in their , I've seen seral scopes badly dented by these rings.

On the other hand if your looking for a rock solid combo to permantly mount a scope look at the Leupold dule dovetail bases and the Burris duel dovetail signature rings , this is a dead nuts strong setup and you can adjust the ring incerts to adjust some MOA. and this setup is aot lighter in weight
Old 08-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Warne quality is a little on the low side. Deffinatly lap warne rings. I bought one pair, they were difficult to lap by the design. They didn't stay on that rifle long and were replaced. They were their TPA ring.(tactical permanent attach)

I would recomend Leoupold PRW rings, if your looking for low cost. They mount easier, but should still be lapped for full contact.

Brownells carries a Tactical Percision HRT and TSR rings. The price looks good but I can't comment on the quallity.

I ordered 2 Warne 20moa bases and was disapointed with the quality. The edges were rough and had a machining burr along there length. This wouldn't allow the base to full contact into the rings dovetail. It kind of rode on that thin turned over burr. I corrected it with a diamond stone and fine file. There finish is not very durable, maybe as good as 99 cent spray paint. When I was done I did have a usable base.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 PM

I can tell you that TPS (Tactical Precision Specialties) Rings are as good as they get. I have one set of HRT & two sets of TRS
Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 PM

I can tell you from experience that TPS (Tactical Precision Spystems) Rings are as good as they get. I have one set of HRT Steel & two sets of TSR in 7075. These are Top-O-the line Tactical rings at way less than you would pay for Badger or Leup. Mark 4 and better quality IMHO!!

TPS offers our Servicemen rings for pennies on the dollar, so there stock is often low!! But I can't think of a better reason to have to wait for mine!!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand if your looking for a rock solid combo to permantly mount a scope look at the Leupold dule dovetail bases and the Burris duel dovetail signature rings , this is a dead nuts strong setup and you can adjust the ring incerts to adjust some MOA. and this setup is aot lighter in weight

[/ QUOTE ]

I just switched 2 rifles to this setup also. I'm pretty impressed with the setup - though out of 3 sets purchased (Leupold bases and Burris rings with inserts), 1 had a too-loose turning base and had to be returned. Overall both rings and bases appear to be very good quality and I suspect this was a fluke. One thing to be aware of, be sure to get their combo kit of accessory offset inserts. The ones supplied with the rings are only the +/- 0 offset (no offset) ones. For I believe it was $7.99 from Midway you got a set of +/- .0005, .0010 and .0020. It's very handy being able to cleanly and conveniently offset the scope should the mouting holes be off (all 3 of my Rem. 700s were right from the factory.) Keeping the scope close to it's center will help optically but for the serious long range shooters (unfortunately I'm not there yet) I imagine the extra elevation would be extremely helpful. Most of all personally I'm looking forward to never having any ring marks on any future scopes I own. :-)
Beartrack