Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Warne Hardware??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member
Warne Hardware??

I went with a friend today to pick up some new base/rings for his remington 700 SPS .223 I have always used and had good luck with the leupold dual dovetail w/a 1 piece base. Thats all I've ever put on rem's or win's. Lately though, I hate that style and design. I can never get the bottom rings to align up perfectly straight. Thus, when I torque the scope down, I could be bending it. Worse yet, I had to use almost all my MOA's in my 6-18 leupold to get on paper at 100 yards with my 25-06. So, I bought a set of the cheaper leupold rifleman weaver style base/rings to put my 6-18 on. When I mounted it, it set perfectly, and when I boresighted it, I got most my MOA's back. Hopefully, they will hold up on the 25-06, they should, it dont kick at all. Anyways, my first set of weaver style base/rings came from none other then Leupold. I used the 2 piece permanent weaver style base, then I went ahead and got the weaver style rings with the steel cross slot. This went on my 300 RUM. I really liked those base/rings. No more guessing if the scope is going to sit straight. Well, we went ahead and got the 2 piece leupold weaver style base. They didn't have any more of the leupold permanent weaver style rings. So, I was looking over everything and remember reading an article about Warne rings and how they were pretty strong and reliable. We ended up getting a set of the Warne weaver style rings. The set up looks nice, I think its quite strong and should serve well on that little .223. Just curious to know if anyone here has used Warne hardware??

Unread 09-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Silver Member
Re: Warne Hardware??

I have had 4 sets of Warne Maxima rings on their Weaver style bases . Very strong and reliable setup. Current rings are powder coated and a little too smooth on the inside . Had the scope slip on my 7mm WSM . I now wrap 2 layers of thread sealing tape around the scope tube before fitting the rings . Protects the tube and also prevents slippage .
Unread 09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Bronze Member

I've got a set of Warne Maxima's on my 300 Ultra Sendero. I have not had problem with the scope moving. I actually went from the exact same setup you are mentioning to a weaver/warne combo. I'm happy with the results.
Unread 09-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Silver Member

I have both ring and base on my 223 Kimber Model 82. They're outstanding, easy to mount and looks good.
To achieve the maximum possible accuracy, all variables must be remove or at least minimize.
Unread 09-07-2006, 08:32 PM

We sell the warne bases and I think they are damn nice. BJ has one on his APS 6-250 and I think the machine quality is pretty dang good.

Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Unread 09-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Bronze Member

When I first bought my 300rum I called Warne and asked alot of questions. From what the guy I talked with told me Warne makes right many bases and rings for leupold and a few other companies.
Don't tell God how big your storm is, Tell the storm how big your God is