Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

VXIII VS MK4 Leupold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

VXIII VS MK4 Leupold

If this has been covered before please direct me to it. I would like your opinion on the MK4 vs the VXIII. Is it worth the extra $? I would be getting fine duplex and having the M1 knobs put on the VXIII. It looks like I save about $150 going that route. If the MK4 is that much better then I might as well save a couple months and get the Nightforce!
Am I missing something between the two?
Looking at the 6.5X20-50mm.

Cody
Old 01-16-2007, 10:58 PM
SPONSOR

Re: VXIII VS MK4 Leupold

[ QUOTE ]
I might as well save a couple months and get the Nightforce!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's an option that is what I would do. If not get the VXIII and forget about the M1 knobs and save about $300. Shoot me an email and I can get you some prices on the scopes your looking @.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

I have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.
would never go back to a lupie unless they started selling the mark 4 for 300 or less. then I still dont know if I would put it on my main hunting rifle.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.
would never go back to a lupie unless they started selling the mark 4 for 300 or less. then I still dont know if I would put it on my main hunting rifle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm a pretty big NF fan these days but think this may be a little harsh. The VXIII and Mark4 leupies are still top tier scopes. Just on the bottom of that top tier. No question the NF is better but the Leupy is not junk.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
I have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.

[/ QUOTE ]
I went on a RANT a few month's ago on this very topic, I tried to find it but could not. but this is the "text book Nightforce myopia" I was ranting about. so ridiculous it is hilarious.
UB
Old 01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

And I thought I was in a bad mood and irritable.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm a pretty big NF fan these days but think this may be a little harsh. The VXIII and Mark4 leupies are still top tier scopes. Just on the bottom of that top tier. No question the NF is better but the Leupy is not junk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, 3 of the main Sporting stores I frequent have stopped carrying Leupolds... cold turkey. All quote poor customer service, bad luck on warranty issues, and poor turn around times when they do agree to warranty work...

I have never heard one bad thing about the way the boys at NF treat anyone....

Just my opinion, based on my world..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]