Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

VX-3 Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Silver Member

VX-3 Question

Does anybody know if the short finger-adjustable knobs on a Leupold VX-3 LR can be removed and a tall target turret knob added? I know I can send the scope into the Leupold Custom Shop, and for $60 they can convert it to the tall turret. I just thought if it was something I could do myself I'd just save the money.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Bronze Member

Re: VX-3 Question

You would have send her in.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Gold Member

Hi all,

I got told today that I could do the same thing with the Stoney Point turrets, and save the hassle of going back to leupold. The guy who told me swears you can do this, as I thought it had to go back to leu as well ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Silver Member

That's weird, because I called and talked to a Tech at Leupold yesterday, and he told me on the Vari-X III you could use a Stoney Point, but not on the VX-III. He said the small plastic finger-adjustable knob could be removed, but even if you took it off, the stoney point still won't work. He said the only way to get a target turret is to send it in and pay $65 for the conversion, plus $15 for return shipping.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Silver Member

I talked to a tech. at Stoney Point yesterday about this same thing. He said their knobs could not be put on newer VX-III but would work fine on the older Vari-X III.
FYI..........I also talked to Kenton Ind. about their knobs and got the same answer.