Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex vs Sightron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Silver Member

Vortex vs Sightron

This has probly been asked before but what would be a better choice for a long range rig a Vortex Razor 5-20x50 or a Sightron SIII Series 6-24x5????
wanted some thing I can reliably dial up but also has a reticule I can use for wind doping and re corecting misses.
I really want a Nightforce but havnt won lotto yet
Cheers
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: Vortex vs Sightron

Are you sure your asking about the Vortex Razor HD or the Vortex Viper PST? The Razor is as much as a Nightforce so if you can't afford the NF then you cant afford the Razor. The PST however, is in the same price range as the Sightron. I think the PST has more features but other than that they are very comparable and both have excellent reputations here on this site and many others. Get the best priced one or the one that has the options you want. Either way you cant go wrong.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Silver Member

Those options the razor wins hands down by a long shot.

The PST vs the Sightron sIII is the most comon comparision. Between those 2 I like the PST better, but its so close the argument can go either way
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Gold Member

I was very impressed with both. The PST had more options, but I felt the glass was a little better on the Sightron. I also liked their MOA reticle. In the end, I went with the Sightron because I was able to get a litttle better deal on it.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Thanks alot guys. yea i didnt mean the razor my bad.
Will try find one in a shop and have a go.
we get raped in NZ by importers so scopes are a arm and a leg. Just tryn get value for money but its alot harder with scopes than guns I find.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsugarbear View Post
I was very impressed with both. The PST had more options, but I felt the glass was a little better on the Sightron. I also liked their MOA reticle. In the end, I went with the Sightron because I was able to get a litttle better deal on it.
I had the same thing going but went with the Vortex...again, mainly because I got a little better of a deal, though there were a few other things I liked better on the Viper. I've looked through both and, maybe my eyesight isn't good, But I couldn't tell a difference, in bright and lower light.

Either one would be very good.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

+1 for the vortex viper,love it