Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

vortex vs nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM

vortex vs nikon

Hi my name is brandon im new to longer range shooting by longer range i mean 500-1200 yards. i have been hunting for 13 years so im not new to shooting a rifle. i put a nikon prostaff 4x12x40 on my 30-06 and i loved it so i put one on my wifes gun because she likes shooing longer range also i have a .338 win mag i have a thumb hole stock on the way for it and it has a vx2 leupold on it and i want to use it for 1000 + yard so a 18 power is on the list what it better the vortex viper or the nikon buckmaster for the money
Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Gold Member

Re: vortex vs nikon

id take the vipor given your choises. the monarch is more in line for a comparison with a viper. Ive got a couple buckmasters. there ok inexpensive scopes but there not the greatest glass in the market or even the best in that price range.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Silver Member

i have a buckmaster and for the price it serves its purpose but will be getting replaced with a vortex 6-24 hs ffp as soon as the rings get here.

easy answer vortex
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Silver Member

Vortex viper hands down! Even over the monarch.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Gold Member

I've owned a Nikon Buckmasters, and currently use a Viper PST. Both are good scopes, but the Viper being from a higher price point does have higher quality. That being said, with the experience I've had with the PST, I would buy a regular viper in a heartbeat, Vortex makes some great optics
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Thanks guys
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Silver Member

What is our price point? If you can afford the Viper, it is the way to go. If you can find a used Buckmaster, they will be around $250, great for the money. I have three. They all work well, good glass, adjustments return. That said, I have two Vipers that I have yet to shoot. Optically, they are better than the Nikon, don't have an idea of actual usage yet. I have no doubt I will like them better. It's up to your wallet. You shouldn't regret either.

Kids are great, beer is good, and people are stupid.