Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex Viper PST, the scope that never was?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Silver Member

Vortex Viper PST, the scope that never was?

What the - - - - is up with these scopes? Are they ever going to actually be made available or what? I have only heard of a very small number of them being delivered and a few of them had minor problems. Does anyone have a scoop on when one can be had? This is getting borderline ridiculous and if they dont get a move on they will be going under because they are going to start swatting customers away like flies! I want one really bad but i am seriously beginning to think that these are "The scope that never was"
Old 09-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Silver Member

Re: Vortex Viper PST, the scope that never was?

I cant seem to find out what going on with my pre order. if you find anything out let me know. been hoping to get my hands on it for a while now
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM

Guys,

Allow me to say a quick "Hi" & introduce myself since I'm frequently checking out this great website. No surprise, I work at Vortex and am primarily involved in product development and sales.

As many of you know, we did ship a small initial batch of PSTs earlier this summer under "considerable' customer demand ! Listening to the feedback we received after this shipment, we decided to improve the turret design just a bit with improved feel & resistance. The original turrets were really quite good and 90% of buyers would probably have been perfectly happy with them, but we knew that people were expecting a lot of these scopes and we just didn't want to disappoint anybody. So we halted deliveries & re-tooled the turret design which has delayed shipments until sometime later this fall (no, I do not have an exact date). Believe me, we're pushing as hard as we can to get them out as soon as humanly possible !

Paul @ Vortex
Old 09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Gold Member

Well there you have it. Thanks for clearing that up. Nice to see a company that is not OK with there products not being a 100% built right . I just got 3 vipers 6.5x20 and hope they work well. It would be nice to have more options for good scopes out there.

Last edited by jeff 300; 09-14-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Bronze Member

VTXPAUL--

Welcome! We look forward to having you around. I just purchased a Viper 2-7x32 BDC for my 375H&H last week from Cameraland. WOW! My buddy was not happy when he compared it to his Conquest, really unhappy when I showed him the receipt. Cannot wait util April for SA trip.

I can't say much for the Vulture Bino's mine were sent back yesterday as I could not get them focused (diopter adjustment neg.) and they were slightly out of collimation.

Overall good job and keep it up!

SAKO7STW, sorry for getting off topic.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member

I really like my Vortex Viper 6-24X50MM PST FFP MOA scope with the Vortex custom turret that I was lucky enough to get. Take a look at it here:

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph
Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Silver Member

Joseph - I sent you a PM.