Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex or Vanguard or Leupold Binos?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Vortex or Vanguard or Leupold Binos?

duplicate post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Bronze Member

I had looked at your choice on the internet and while they have good reports, I ruled them out due to weight, slightly larger size and country of origin.
They had a lot of the features I liked yet found the Leupolds at a better price (realizing they were not made in the states (japan)). Each had similar specs with low dispersion glass Also were you able to find out their warranty? I could not and leupolds is hard to match.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Bronze Member

Vanguard Endeavor ED binos arrived today. Very nice! Was outside testing them until dark tonight. Love them so far. Not an expert on bino/optics, but they are bright and clear. At dark, looked at a neighbor's tree about 200yds up the street. To the naked eye, it appeared as a black shape against the house's white siding. Through the Vanguards, I could pick out the branches and see the leaves. Again, very bright optics.

Regarding country of origin, I agree, but I didn't find any American optics made in the USA. Looked at the Leupold BX3 Mojaves and they were nice too. I didn't see the additional $50 over the Vanguards. Both companies have rebates now, Endeavor ED ($50) and BX3 Mojave ($50).

Vanguard has a "no fault" guarantee. One of their advertisements is "what happens in the woods, stays in the woods". I have become a fan of Leupold scopes, so it was a hard choice to go with Vanguards over Leupolds. My hunting buddy just bought a pair of the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD binos and really likes them. I looked at them in a 10x42 model. Really nice optics, but the overall construction didn't feel as well made as the Endeavors. I've faded away from Bushnell optics, selling off their "recent" models. Still have a couple older Bushnells on my kids rimfire rifles.

I am also very impressed with the service from Gander Mountain. They listed the Vanguards as "shipped from vendor" and expressed an additional 2 days to the delivery time. Not a fan of GM's website, hard to read and product listings are poor.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Silver Member

Surprised no one said anything about the Meopta Meopro binoculars. 8x42's run $449 with a free Meopix adapter. European glass with a lifetime warrenty.