Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex PST vs Leupold Mark 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Vortex PST vs Leupold Mark 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNEZRUNNER View Post
Well after looking at all the options available and at the prices they are available at, I decided that I am going to buy the Vortex scope. I had a hard time deciding this with all the options that are out there. I was going to get the Leupold, until I realized that the FFP option as going to put me over $1500.00 and then I might as well go with a Nightforce at a little more and if I was going to go with a Nightforce, I might as well go a little more with a Razor and then I would be double my original budget. So I decided to stay at my budget and try out the Vortex. Now I just need to decide on where to buy it from. Looking around, they all seem to be priced the same, so shipping is going to be the difference. SWFA advertises a 110% low price guarantee so I will see how that works. If not, either Opticsplanet.com or CameralandNY.com offer free shipping. Is there any place else that I should look at ordering from?

Thanks for all of the help and opinions. Now for the next thread on what rings

and bases I should get.
Thomas
Received a Vortex HSLR that I bought from Cameraland about a month ago and got it like in 4 days. They were supposed to drop ship a set of Seekin rings and something got messed up between Cameraland and Vortex. A call to Cameraland then a call to Vortex and the rings were shipped same day.

The customer service for both Cameraland and Vortex was excellent. Will deal with both in the future.

Check into Seekins rings and bases and also Near Mfg. The precision rings Vortex offers are Seekins.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein

Old 06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

I use warne rings with my PST and they are great
Old 06-11-2013, 08:14 PM

I use TPS medium rings with my 6-24x50 PST mounted on a weaver 20 MOA mount & custom built Weatherby Mark V .300 win mag. Nothing but smiles when the gun goes off ! Sorry, my iPhone wanted the picture to be upside down.

Vortex PST vs Leupold Mark 4-image.jpg

Last edited by Spotter300; 06-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.