Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex pst 6x24x 50 mm fft scope...Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Vortex pst 6x24x 50 mm fft scope...Help!

Alright guys, Ive been trying to order this scope for a month now, tried 4 different places and after I order one They send me an email that says its backordered until September...I cant have that, so can someone help me find this scope in stock somewhere? Or maybe another scope around that price range that would work good...thanks!!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Gold Member

Re: Vortex pst 6x24x 50 mm fft scope...Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MObowhunter10 View Post
Alright guys, Ive been trying to order this scope for a month now, tried 4 different places and after I order one They send me an email that says its backordered until September...I cant have that, so can someone help me find this scope in stock somewhere? Or maybe another scope around that price range that would work good...thanks!!
Get a hold of Vortex or try amazon.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Bronze Member

Think about it. If you can't buy one anywhere, what does that really say?

Regarding Vortex. Now that I own one of their scopes, I am just not sure how much is "kool-aid" hype. Even if their customer service is superior, if the scope itself is basically on par with truly just "above average", is it worth the wait.

Yes I have a Viper. Yes it is okay. Comparing it with a 1/2 the price Nikon Primos scope! Can't even compare with the crisp clear clarity of the Nikon. Unfortunately I sold the Nikon to a friend so that I would buy the Viper. Yes I still have both as I am reload testing for friend with my former Nikon on his rifle. I show other people the two. Everyone.. Not just a few, but Everyone says hands down, the Nikon is 100% the winner, not even with a doubt.

Am I a Nikon promotor? Nope. I will look at other scopes like Leupold or Burris and maybe Nikon, but Vortex - most likely nope. Personally I think someone is feeding us kool-aid. I am "the little guy" advocate type of person and I just like the majority of people to get their hard earned money's worth. Maybe that is not realistic thinking.

Yes if I can recoup my money for the Viper, it is gone before hunting season. Like other new products, once the hype starts, there are few that will go against the majority. Is it an alright scope? Sure, but thats it.

So think about it. How can you sell a product one year before it is produced? Ask yourself that question a few times over. If a company throws out a lot of proganda and hype yet no product or limited product availability, something is just not right. We are intelligent people. We are not some blind sheep? Over a year and a half of seeing the same Vortex situation and people waiting 8 months to a year for a scope, it is pretty obvious, whether one wants to admit it or not. Someone is serving some Kool-Aid.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Gold Member

I went to Vortex' shop and handled thier scopes. I bought Leupold with the TMR reticle. FWIW
Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

I had a viper and sold it. Glass is more important to me then an .ILL retcial . You can get the sightron SIII MOA/MOA.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Bronze Member

If I only knew now what I didn't when I bought it. I am big time disappointed. I have heard that the sightron 3 are very good glass... I just can't absorb $459.00 right now from the Viper purchase. Thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Platinum Member

Guys, the glass in my 6-24 PST is really quite good--significantly better than that in the 6.5-20 Viper and the two 4-16 PST's I owned. Don't be down on the glass in the 6-24 PST unless you're actually looking through one as the others are not representative. I'm really picky about glass and am extremely happy with the 6-24 PST for the price as is virtually everybody else I've heard from who owns one.

The Sightrons are nice as well, especially with the new reticles/knobs, but if you want FFP they still don't have an offering.