Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex opinion DOWNGRADE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Vortex opinion DOWNGRADE

I guess it is up to each person to make his or her own call with respect to equipment. I am fortunate in that when I am hunting or competing there is nothing that is on my mind except the condition and what I need to do to get the bullet where it needs to be.

That being said with all of the information available on boards like this one it pays in more ways than one to do the proper due diligence prior to making a purchase and placing faith in a given product. Having great customer service is very commendable however, the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE USED.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Silver Member

Give me one optic company that has not ever had a issue with a product. From what i have seen hendsoldt is about the only one i have not read about but sure even they have had some thing break. I know a guy that got a s&b sent to him with the wrong turrets. What if that guys truck would have broke down would there be a letter to chevy or ford? **** breaks it is just a fact of life it is how it is delt with by the company that makes or breaks them.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Give me one optic company that has not ever had a issue with a product. From what i have seen hendsoldt is about the only one i have not read about but sure even they have had some thing break. I know a guy that got a s&b sent to him with the wrong turrets. What if that guys truck would have broke down would there be a letter to chevy or ford? **** breaks it is just a fact of life it is how it is delt with by the company that makes or breaks them.
Kurt:

Thank you brother!

Wayne
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM

Wanted to update you all. After recieving my Vortex Viper upgrade I have had no issues what so ever and absolutly love the scope! I have fired at least 200 rounds through that rifle since I originally mounted the upgrade. No issues!

So, I bought another rifle recently, a Weatherby .243 and decided to give Vortex another shot. Purchased a Crossfire 6x24x50 this past week and mounted it. I have shot nearly 50 rounds since I mounted that scope. Then realized around round 35 or so, the shots seemed to be rising steadily. After about 5 more shots, i adjusted the turret back down and made note of its position 3.0 After another three shots, it was now on 3.2. My suspicians were true. The elevation turret is "jumping" settings nearly every shot.

Called Vortex this morning, they are sending me out a replacement. I have a feeling it wont matter. Track record seems to show that even a .243 is too much recoil for a Vortex Crossfire scope. PENDING.