Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vortex HS-t & LR mechanics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Silver Member

Re: Vortex HS-t & LR mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon061 View Post
I'm still bouncing around between the HS-T, the HS-LR, and the PST. Got a friend a PST FFP 4-16 recently and it's a very nice optic.
I just bought the 6x24x50 HS-T for my LR 7mm RM. 16 power wasn't enough for small targeting past 500 yards. At least for my eyes anyways. I have a friend who has the LR and he says the 1/2 MOA is fast and is ok for hunting. I'm pretty picky as my shooting is all on paper except of the one shot during the hunting season so I need to see paper and dial as close as I can. I won't regret the 1/4 MOA clicks.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Silver Member

Re: Vortex HS-t & LR mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
I just bought the 6x24x50 HS-T for my LR 7mm RM. 16 power wasn't enough for small targeting past 500 yards. At least for my eyes anyways. I have a friend who has the LR and he says the 1/2 MOA is fast and is ok for hunting. I'm pretty picky as my shooting is all on paper except of the one shot during the hunting season so I need to see paper and dial as close as I can. I won't regret the 1/4 MOA clicks.
Maybe I'll go for the HS-T 6-24 then. I like the illuminated optic in the PST FFP, but I like SFP plenty. The illuminated reticle is nice, though