Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Very happy with leica so for

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Gold Member

Re: Very happy with leica so for

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
T3-OleMan cut to the chase. Is there a store in your area that will allow you to operate several side-by-side? And then purchase the one that out-performs? Getting a unit like that would be worth it even if it cost an extra hundred dollars more than a sight unseen from an internet site.

I purchased from Camera Land, partially because they were a LRH Forum Sponsor, partially because they had a competitive price. But they're in New York and I'm in Alaska. No way for me to test the unit prior to purchase. I talked to a young lady from CL last week and told her that if I could get one that would range farther - as some of these units are capable of - I'd rather receive an exchange than a refund. She took down a few notes for the man I may get to talk to this week. Somehow I doubt that a high volume company like Camera Land will be able to afford the time to compare my returned unit to a couple additional units from their supplies. So I'll probably just end up receiving a refund.

Here's an idea. Somebody start a business testing Leica CRF 1600s. Then re-sell the premium ones for an extra $75-$100, and return the under-performers to Leica. That would be a great service and value to the retail purchaser, as well as providing the benefit of a final QA/QC test on behalf of Leica. The best of both worlds! Or... Leica could do this prior to shipping their units out the door for final retail sale!
Yep looks like a COMP big as Leica could get **** to work before sending it to us.
There product control suck IMO that's not the way to keep customers or get new ones. I know if this one i'm getting doesn't work right i'll be done with leica all together with ever thing and never tell anyone to buy a leica again and i have told a lot of them to buy Leica

Last edited by jeff 300; 07-08-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Platinum Member

Not only do they not seem to have anyone testing the units before they leave for retail, but now they have a 1000yd model and I don't see any 1200's available at Cabela's in their latest shooting catalog...?? Only 1600's and 1000's are listed.

That's kinda scary, because the 1000yd model is also new. I know Cabela's doesn't carry every model of any optic, but it sure makes me wonder. Leica's future with American buyers doesn't look so bright unless they get a handle on this PDQ.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
T3-OleMan cut to the chase. Is there a store in your area that will allow you to operate several side-by-side? And then purchase the one that out-performs?

Yep! Called ahead (BPS) and talked to "THA-MAN", Drove 228 total miles, He took it outside with me and when the NEW in the BOX one failed he took it back in and brought demo and NEW in the BOX one back out and we shot them together (he never got to touch that demo again)!

DETAILS:
Buying Insurance with ..........in Timber ACCURATE RANGE!!

Page 1 _ Post #4 for details
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ALSO, did this with a small store guy about 90 miles from here when I purchased a "zeiss-victory-diavari-4-16x50-t-fl-riflescope". Called and he had the Swro..Z-6 and a ZEISS so I took my 338WM / VX III LR 4.5-14 X50 and we did a (outside-with my gun and two $2000 scopes) Sunset till dark comparrison and "I" picked the ZEISS cause that is what I think can save my hunt if 2010 repeats itself.

I'll trade my stores for your location anytime!
Good Luck.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3-OleMan View Post
I'll trade my stores for your location anytime!
No offense taken. But I couldn't go near that far in describing the value of access to any store. Most of the time I'm more content the farther I am removed from them.

But you've established a very good 'standard operating practice' for comparing optics prior to purchase. It'd be worth paying a premium to be able to compare them personally - side by side in outdoor viewing conditions. I'll give a big +1 for your method.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Gold Member

Well i got the new one in and so for it works great really fast nailed the roof top at 550 the first time witch the other two never even read it once and hit some brush at 1017 first try. I'm going to try it out at the ranch Sunday and see what it will do. the tripod adapter is really nice it should have been out a long time ago. ill get some pics of it and post them. But so for leica has done what they said they would and made things right. The guy i talked to Hamilton Boykin was super nice and came thru.

The only thing that bothers me is that it took three to get one working right. You would have thought that if you sent one in that they would have made sure the one sent back worked right.
But hey they made it right so for I'm happy. we'll see how its at the ranch.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Platinum Member

Glad for you!

I hope it does what it's suppose to!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Platinum Member

jeff,

Will be waiting to read the results of your field testing. Hope this one is a gem! Let us know how far it ranges. Mine wasn't a complete dud. Not as bad as your first two. But still, it wasn't ranging the distances that it should have either, based on other CRF 1600 owner/operator's reports.