Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Transport View Post
I have the Bushy Fusion 1600arc 12X50 bino's here and ranged a black cow at just over 1600yds the other day. At under a grand thats not to bad either.
Without a detailed description of how the "cow" was ranged, I bet it didn't. JSTP
Old 08-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Gold Member

For what I am doing right now the G7 really shines. I am careful about being sure I am actually getting a good range on my target by shooting ranges above and below it for comparisons. I will admit though, I am already approaching the useful range of the G7 in tough conditions, at around 1300 yards. It is not in the budget this year, probably next either as I have already blew through a couple years of gun budgeting and am looking at adding a Freedom Arms revolver as well, but the next long range rifle will have to be a .338 something to beat what my 7 mag is doing. It will be another step up to the next level of technology, including a Vetronix range finder.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBrad View Post
3000 yards, Cool. But I do wonder, of what value is a 3K yard reading? I was ranging rocks today out to a couple yards short of a mile with my G7 BR2. The ballistic solutions this unit gives have been spot on out to the 1156 yards I have taken marmots at so far this year. These quick solutions are far more useful to me than a yardage capability I won't use, then measuring and entering yardage and atmospheric data into a computer.
Okay, Okay, so the G7 only gives solutions out to 1400 yards. When I start to shoot beyond that distance I'll have to start carrying the small computer, but at least all my atmospheric information will still be read by the rangefinder.
Not intending to piss in your Wheaties, I just find the features of the G7 to offer much greater speed than when I was doing it the old way.
All good here! Have thick skin and the G7 would have been my purchase if there wasn't something better
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Forgive them for they know not what they do.