Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Silver Member

Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!

Today I recieved a Vectronix Terrapin that was ordered several weeks ago. I have not had much time to play with it but had to range something. Looked through the manual and found how to set the units to YARDS. Took it out front of my office and found the furthest object I could see, A cell tower wayyyyyy out there. 2139 yards, resting on the bed of my truck. NICE very impressed.

A solid well built high end feeling and looking piece of optical goodness and very compact compared to what I asessed from pictures. it literally is a 4"x4"X1 3/4" thick piece that will easily fit in a jacket pocket. Can not wait to get up in the caprocks and stretch the legs on this thing. Just had to share my joy!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!

Congrats! Please keep us posted on how it works for you or any short commings if there are any.

Jeff
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Silver Member

Will do Broz, here are a few I phone pics of the size.
Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!-img_2304.jpg

Vectronix Terrapin arrived today!-img_2305.jpg
Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice!! What did you think of the release trigger? I find it very easy to fire while remaining on target.

Jeff
Old 01-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member

Ohhhhh Ahhhhhhh

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

ooooooooooooooh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Do some ranging around a particular small object that is positioned on a slope to to get a good feel for beam sensitivity.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a LRF of some sort. With personal experience with the Leica 1200 I'm very comfortable with its ability to range back into and between trees/rocks/etc.

I suppose for actual taking of game the 1600 would be more than sufficient. However, w/a 375 AM handy one my wish to stretch things to increase things to increase confidence for game taking distances.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
However, w/a 375 AM handy one my wish to stretch things to increase things to increase confidence for game taking distances.

Ya think?

Roy bring that bad boy over, I got the RF to go after some killer rocks with it.

Jeff