Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

uso or nf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Bronze Member

Re: uso or nf

HBAR,
I abandoned my "spook" (well military) days and became a diplomat thinking that things would be different in the diplomatic world instead of the military...I was incredibly wrong in that assumption. The same bias, corruption, and poilitics is played out in the international relations arena as it is in the Pentagon.

What I find incredibly sad (and frightening) is that we are in the middle of a global war on terror, and aren't even giving the good body armor to all of the troops in Iraq. Yeah, I know of the logistical problems involved, but should we penny pinching over this gear and not care about how much money USA has poured into the OICW project? Ask any of the current think tank professors at the war colleges and they will tell you that this war is asymetric and everyone is a potential "frontline" soldier - including our "homeland defense" folks in your hometown - coprs, fire department, etc. All of the frontline soldiers deserve quality equipment that will do the job - safely, and efficiently.

In spite of this, lots of folks think that the military has unlimited funds and can spend whatever it wants to on gear for the troops. How many guys do you know that have purchased some of their own field kit because its better than current issue? I did it all the time back in my military days, and I think the practice has gotten more comminplace now that USA company commanders have the authority for quick purchases of mission essential items that the supply system cannot meet.

Forgive my ranting on this issue since this is an optics thread, but its something that I see so often on the various boards and had to put in my .02.

BACK ON TOPIC: As far as USO or NF, they both make a great scope. :-)

SCL
Old 12-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Silver Member

DMCI, what the hell are you talking about? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Forgive my stupidity, but what MOS's and what does this mean? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
"You manner recalls to me a certain E7 Cook in the movies with a budweiser on his jacket."
Old 12-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Silver Member

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: DMCI ]
Old 12-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Silver Member

SCL
except your opignion of the governement money !!!just need to check the price of regular Unertl 10x mil specs scope !!! or military money came from...governement and governement get money with ......TAXS .

you write :
BACK ON TOPIC: As far as USO or NF, they both make a great scope. :-)

Night Force perhaps good I doesnt them use but most shooters seem to be very happy with NF
BUT
USO are great scope yes perhaps but can you explain
what happen with MY SCOPES !!!pay with MY MONEY !!
Why SN9 has been NEVER delivery !
Why I never received demo model ( NOT for FREE but just borrowed for a SHOW !

and I am not the first customer to be not happy of USO I think .

When I received JUNK after to have pay I can write that the producy is JUNK and they have take me for a real dummy dummy same as the wonderfull 408 Chet TAC and the Lost River Company .

dont forget to explain me
what caliber , range , rifle need a 2 inch main tube with 300 moa of elevation

Shooting the purple Saturnian species on Jupiter planet during the next NASZ expidition in yaer 2341 ?

to come back serious

can you explain too what is all the judemenent information and copie of Law court papers you can read on UNERTL web site

that bit too much for one company , you doesn t think ?

I loose enought time and money with the USO company so I far prefer use time to put usefull infos in Forum than to continue to speak of a company as USO .

good shooting

DAN TEC
Old 12-21-2003, 02:39 AM
Bronze Member

NightHawk,

Please read my post again, Because I do not think I ever stated what scope is best...

I stated that I support Companies that Support their product and take care of there customers.

Just because a company has the best product does not mean that they will succeed. It takes alot more than just products.

IT ALL STARTS WITH MANAGEMENT.

How would all of the people who bought US Optics scopes feel if US Optics went out of business because of, one to many law suits or ( A SHOT IN DARK HERE) MISMANAGEMENT.
If that $2500 scope breaks, it will make one hell of a paper weight.

I HONESTLY WISH US OPTICS THE BEST OF LUCK.

Living in CA, I have watched alot of highly trained people get laid off, those jobs went overseas. I deal with alot of very large companies who manufacture products for the Electric Utility Industry. Every quarter I see plants shut down. Jobs going to Mexico, Korea, Indonesia...etc.

If a company in the US wants to succeed it absolutly, positively has to take care of the customer. One mistake, the consumer buys a Overseas product at probably lesser quality/price. But you know what, IF IT FAILS IT IS REPLACED HASSLE FREE. Because the Overseas Manufacture is getting 1000 % Margins over the US Manufacturer.

Am I hard on US Optics, YES I AM. BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF SEEING GOOD PEOPLE LAID OFF AND COMPANYS CLOSING THERE DOORS BECAUSE OF MISMANAGEMENT.

When I spend my hard earned cash, I want to know that I will get what I paid for. If there is a shadow of a doubt, then my money goes elsewere or stays in the bank.

If any of you have a relationship with JBW or JBW3, you might want to forward my comments to them. Hopefully they might see what consumers think of their situation and quickly realize what needs to be done. US Optics has the opportunity to dominate the Scope market if they wanted to.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: xring01 ]
Old 12-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Silver Member

pictures during match WITH RESULTS and DATA and shooters name not pictures of show PLEASE

even a picture of a costly AI with a USO doesn t impress me , It s seem you konw a lot of show and adds picture but on the range do youreally think that traget rae impress by money you have put in your rifles .

On AI rifle :
another good question if AI is the best ( close to best for military use and a real serious company ) and AI own a real engieneering departement and real service departement too .
Why they use S&B scope and NO USO ????

Why the wonderfull USO company have doesn t make answer for the QM project for AI that a good way to show a challenger to S&B ?

if you are in the god secret you can perhaps answer

Night Hawk

find your brain ( somewhere in your skull ) as soon as you have discover it ...
switch it on ( green light on )
wait some minutes to make sure that informations go straight and right in your finger and
after you can put an answer with your keyboard

that Christmas soon and sure there are plenty of toys in catalog , and as sson as you have finish one of your terrific project , really happy to sse pictures with detail and target on this board

No really need to insult me whith french position during the Irak war I have already explain you that there is a BIG diffrence between a government and citizen and I have NEVER mix BATF and the wonderfull past president with shooters and gun owner of USA

With the wonderfull law of Mister BIll CLINTON I have lost thousand USD in lost import goods BUT I have NEVER say that the fact of US Citizen .

But when a company as USO take me for a dummy I am in my right to say that this company is unhonnest and make mostly BIG ADDS rather to producy real good technical stuff and thre are more intresting to get deposit than to deliver some thing and when at least they deliver the order PLEASE deliver good to the value of the money , I have no need of dummy scope just good to make picture because sure that scopes on pictures always work ....

for EDM because you are too in the god secret

question 1: can you explain why the wonderfull 408 Chenne model seem work only in adds to , strange is n it because 408 Chyenne seem to be another and why a "serious " company as EDM have satrt to produce a complete rifle in a untested caliber with ghost bullet performance

Question 3 : Where are the 408 Cheyenne on the range with so amazing performances they probably hold of the world record since year , NO?

question 2 : How with a barrel hold by a screw and UZI machine gun and with scope on the receiver you sucess to get BR accuracy ....

last point : more you answer me more I will hit the nail on USO company ans USO quality and other ghost company
If you really want help USO that better to stop to explain me that sky is blue and that I can nice pictures in ADDS
Because I OWN USO and I am not as some a future next owner of the future terrific amazing scope ....with 2 inch main tube and 300 moa in to fit on my 414 Hypervelocity ultimate martian ghost hunter rifle

Good shooting if you shoot

DAN TEC
Old 12-21-2003, 01:45 PM

"You manner recalls to me a certain E7 Cook in the movies with a budweiser on his jacket."
Tread Lightly...I cook, and I shoot, among other things. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Nice to see you around DMCI*, How's it going xring01, Nighthawk?
I am the one in Black, on the end...186-3x first time competitor [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

www.westcoasttactical.com