Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

USO Customer Service - is great!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Bronze Member

USO Customer Service - is great!

Gents,
Just wanted to let everyone know of a recent experience I had with JW3 of USO. I have recently come across two used, but excellent condition USO SN9 scopes. I sent JW3 an e-mail yesterday evening and asked if he would extend the warranty to me on the scopes. I received my answer back this afternoon - all I have to do is send him the serial numbers of the scopes and he will process the paperwork over to my name and warranty the scopes. No questions asked, no inspection, etc. etc.

I know there is an endless debate on the various boards regarding USO (especially this one), but this is just another example of the great service I have received from USO - timely replies to e-mails, extending the warranty, answering BDC questions, etc. Other than the difficulty in ordering a catalog a few years ago (which is moot now that they have it on their website), I have had nothing but a positive experience dealing with USO. Take it or leave it, but they have done me fairly and I will gladly purchase their products in the future (actually, I have two sniper's hide SN3's on order). YMMV, but I have no complaints whatsoever - their stuff works and is backed up with great customer service to boot. service

JW3 - thanks for your support and quick reply!

SCL
Old 12-29-2003, 06:18 PM

Re: USO Customer Service - is great!

I am very impressed with what JBW3 has done. Glad to hear it from you also.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
*WyoWhisper*

Mike,

Hello, glad to see ya here.....

e-mail me about the Tan tactical sling...

Ric

[ 12-29-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]
Old 12-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Silver Member

Tactical, is that you from Snipers Hide?
Old 12-30-2003, 05:27 AM

For a man who wants to pull his company out of the black cloud it is now under, I would say this is a very good first step on the long road ahead. But let us remember that their prime competitor ( Leupold ) has a long standing ďWe fix our scopes and donít care who the original owner isĒ policy. Why not do it for everybody? Past history being the way it is, Iím sure that there were a lot of USO duds that were sold off by their original owners. The way their current downloadable catalog is worded, if youíre the second hand owner, you can expect no support from USO. Their policy, not mine. But if they can do it for one, why not all?

Another step in the right direction is the settlement with Mike Miller. Very wise indeed for USO not to drag this into court. Now how about loosing the threat to sue anyone for ďmisusingĒ their catalog? Iím talking about the nastrygram on page one directly beneath the USO logo. Think about it, how many other catalogs have you seen in the world where the first paragraph threatens to sue you?

In light of the recent ( yet rare ) good news from USO, Iíll skip my sizzling bacon commentaries.( www.usoptics.com/catalog.pdf ) But so far as their condescending comments in regards to their competitors, all I shall say is that you had better be sure your on top before you talk down to the others.

JW#3, A good start to be sure. A VERY good start! But if you seek to be taken seriously in this community - itís going to require a complete revamp, not just idle tweaking here and there.

Regards to all, ang keep things moving forward.

[ 12-30-2003: Message edited by: Big John ]
Old 12-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Silver Member

extend garanty ??? USO are lifetime garanty so why extend garanty

other point :
where you are able to find TWO used as new SN9 this scope is just 2 year old and very few are on the market ? i had just see the first one in USO shop two year ago because I am perhaps a "dummy" BUT I have make a trip in CA to visit the wonderfull USO company !!! and that was AMAZING !

If they want to make some thing fine they probably need to solve quality problem for their cusomers of already delivery scope that far better .

good shooting

DAN TEC
Old 12-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Bronze Member

Big John,
I am unfamiliar with all of the stuff regarding Mark Miller/USO and would welcome the details. Please e-mail me offline if you have time.

Thanks!

SCL
sleibfried@hotmail.com