Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

US Optics Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2002, 09:17 PM

US Optics Scopes

I'm new to this board, and a quick search yielded only one general reference to US Optics scopes.

Does anyone have any experience with these scopes?
www.usoptics.com/

I'm curious how they compare to Nightforce, regarding price, weight, optics quality, etc.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Gold Member

Re: US Optics Scopes

Well, I dug around a little on the site you linked to, under the Production Scopes, which lists some of the ones that they have sitting around available. An SN-3 1.8-10x listed at $2165, which concurs w/ what I recall when I first looked into them a few years ago: Extremely expensive, but the few people that I know that have seen them said they seemed to be extremely heavily built, and of exceptional quality. Personally, I'd love to have one of those SN-9 externally adjustable variables, but I would have to guess that the price would be somewhere around that of a small car!!! For that kind of dough, my Leupold Vari-X III LR scopes work just fine, and NightForce scopes start looking like a steal!!

Just a thought,

Monte
Old 01-25-2002, 05:52 AM
Platinum Member

There are reviews of many scopes over on Sniper Country.

Here's the review of the U.S. Optics Scope.
http://www.snipercountry.com/US_OpticsScopes.html

Here's the one I'm kind of interested in..
http://www.usoptics.com/usSN9.htm

or maybe it's this one, I get confused sometimes..

St-10 - 10x
http://www.usoptics.com/usProduction.htm
Old 01-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Bronze Member

I have used them. I have associates who have used them extensively. They are spectacular. There are no other scopes like them for clarity and performance. Scope quality and performance are not the issue with US Optics. Delivery and customer service are a continuing theme when you talk with their customers.

I am a manufacturer and have professional relationships with competitors of US Optics, so it would not be proper for me to give an extensive review. Communicate with other customers and I think you will learn what you need to know.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Silver Member

You can get a SN9 7-33x58mm w/external knobs, for $2300.00, USoptics scopes are expensive, but they are the toughest & most repeatable scopes around (in other words the best). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Many say they could smash any other scopes housing with a USoptics scope, and the usoptics scope would still function 100%. Bold statement, yes, but I have seen USoptics scopes drive nails into wood, without any signs of failer. Eat your heart out Leupold.

Their ST10 is the most popular (fixed 10x44mm), it costs less than the Loopy MK4's, you can add a lot cool features to it that will bring the price up.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: sr90 ]
Old 01-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member

At a trade show the fellow who owns U.S. Optics slammed a scope three times on a hardwood bench, so hard that people walking nearby actually stopped in midstride. I am talking holding it straight up above his head and smashing it downward as hard as he could. Then he handed me the scope and said to check it now. Scope was incredibly sharp and the turrets functioned perfectly, clicks were snappy and the reticle was moving.

I seriously doubt that there are many or maybe any other scopes that could handle that abuse. Was it a specially built SHOT show sample? Doubt it.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

USoptics will have a booth at the Shot Show, I would recommend everyone going to stop by and check them out. They have some new options that look very impressive. (BDC's, external turrets, etc...)