Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

US Optics Field Observation Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member

US Optics Field Observation Scope

Any reports on this spotting scope? I've been considering it for backpacking for some time due to its compact shape and size and lowish weight. I would think the optical quality would be great coming from US optics and I really like the MOA reticule option that would allow a spotter to more accurately call 2nd shot corrections if needed. I just wonder how it compares to the 65mm objective Swarovski scopes optically. The Swaros are certainly bulkier and heavier, but wow optically.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Gold Member

Re: US Optics Field Observation Scope

considering what the Leupold and the Vortex Razor cost... that might be a viable option at just over a grand.

I too would like to hear of the performance of these scopes.

Dan
Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

I'd forgotten it's FFP.

Description from Midway USA: The U.S. Optics Field Spotting Scope is the perfect spotting scope for all shooting situations. It features a front focal plane GAP reticle to help estimate range and 15-40x power magnification to allow you to close in on those far away objects. The body of the spotting scope is constructed of 6061 T-6 aluminum and features a type III hard anodizing. The high-quality lenses are fully multi-coated to offer the brightest sight image possible. Each U.S. Optics Field Spotting Scopes is hand built to ensure the highest quality possible.

Link to spotting scope on US Optics site: U.S. OPTICS - Field Spotting Scope

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

A.G., the site is not allowing me to reply to your PM regarding this scope for some reason.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Anyone have experience with this spotting scope?

Alan Griffith (A.G.), I received your PM but the site said that I could not PM you back for some reason. I'd like to know what you think of the glass in this spotting scope compared to say, Swarovski glass. Which reticle do you have in it?