Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

US OPTICS ANTI CANT DEVICE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2006, 02:50 PM

US OPTICS ANTI CANT DEVICE

If you like using Anti Cant Devices, here is one that puts all of the other Anti Cant Devices to shame.

Anti-Cant Device (bubble level, ring type)
This device is available in 30mm and soon will be available in 35 and 40mm diameters.
It can be positioned anywhere on the scope tube (can slide back and forth), for maximum visual use.
It can be made in any color to match the scope.
It can also be rotated to the angle you wish. Usually the bubble is aligned horizontally to be at a 90-degree angle to the vertical crosshairs in the scope. A 0 degree angle to the horizontal line or stadia is also a good way of doing it in the absence of a vertical hair or stadia line.

Note: it is not important to have the bubble exactly aligned at a precise angle with the horizontal or vertical elements of the scope (Reticle, turret, rail top etc.), as long as the bubble is placed in the same position and alignment each time you shoot. It is a common mistake to assume that the accuracy of the repeatability of the device depends on the exact vertical or horizontal alignment, but it is very important to make sure the location of the bubble is repeated each and every time you take a shot.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:34 PM
SPONSOR

Re: US OPTICS ANTI CANT DEVICE

[ QUOTE ]
This device is available in 30mm and soon will be available in 35 and 40mm diameters.
It can be positioned anywhere on the scope tube (can slide back and forth), for maximum visual use.
It can be made in any color to match the scope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit confused [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. It looks to me as though it attaches to the rail.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Silver Member

Bill, they also sell two other models that fit onto your scope tube. One swivels, the other doesn't. http://www.usoptics.com/pdf_files/accessories.pdf
I have both the swivel rail and tube ACD and they are good kit.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:20 PM
SPONSOR

That is cool!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:50 AM

If you like Anti Cant Devices, there isn't anything better on the market. It's dependable, accurate, and made by some of the Best Americans on the planet. I have never owned a USO Scope, but users claim them to be a tier one product.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Gold Member

Now thats what I'm talking about. I like the looks of that one,especially since it folds in. Whats the price on it? Are they available currently?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Platinum Member

They are available direct from U.S. Optics and they are brick-outhouse tough.
Excellent products that work.