Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

US Optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Silver Member

Re: US Optics

[ QUOTE ]
James I believe you are correct,Nightforce scope I believe have more internal adjustments than the US Optics with internal adjustments..........

[/ QUOTE ]

Iím not sure I would put Nightforce scopes in the same class as US Optics. I think thatís a stretch.

I own and love my 3.5-17 X 44mm US Opticís SSDS scope with the EREK elevation knob. The EREK elevation knob comes with a built in BDC engineered for the .308 175 gn match ammo with hard indents at each 100 yard interval. In less than one turn the EREK knob takes me from 100 yards to 1100 yards. The glass on the US Optics is really only comparable with the top of the line S&B scopes. Low light transmission is phenomenal with the US Optics scopes.

When it comes to tank like toughness, the US Optics scopes are second to none. Iíd like to see you drive a nail into a 2X4 with a Nightforce, re-mount the scope and shoot for any kind of group. This is a test US Optics loves to perform.

Last but not least US Opticís has the best customer service in the business, PERIOD! They are also the only US scope manufacture where you can customize your scope with the features and finishes you want. US Opticís scopes come with a price, but if you can afford one, they are well worth it.

My SSDS is the finest best built scope Iíve ever owned. Iíve owned most of the other top of the line scopes brands. They have been some fine scopes, but no where near being in US Optics class. I only wish I could afford one for every one of my rifles. Since I canít Iím growing to love my Burris scopes.

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

I have one USO scope on my 6.5X284 SN3 T-Pal in 5X25 and would not trade it for the world. I liked it so much I ordered another one through the Snipers Hide group buy only with a 35mm tube. Now I just have to have Allen build me a rifle to mount it on.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Bronze Member

Owned all three. S&B, Nightforce, US optics. US optics by far the most rugged. It is very heavy for tactical it has no competition. For hunting weight becomes an issue. Optics are schott glass. Like most high end scopes.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that the Unertl Scope with the external mounts,was the Marine Corps. main Sniper scope for decades.That's about as rough and tough of field use and tactical as it gets IMHO..

Go to US Optics web page get the phone number and call them USO will answer your questions.........

[/ QUOTE ]

The scope that you are referring to, has INTERNAL adjustments, and less than 40 moa.

There were some 8x external adjustment Unertl (and 10x Lyman targetspots) issued during WW-II, but that was very limited.

These were extremely fragil and had to be carried in separate cases, and fitted to the rifles just prior to the shot.

Some of these were used in the beginning of VN, because of a lack of sniper rifles, but they were quickly replaced by Redfield 3x9.

The Unertl 10x internal adjustment scope that went only to the Marines, came after VN started.

LRH member #23