Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

US Optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 PM

US Optics

Hi everybody,

I was searching the internet for US Optics, wanted to read about it to see how people compare it to "The Three Europeans"; Schmidt und Bender, Zeiss and Swarovski. I have never tried a USO-scope, but I've heard a lot about it. How is the optical quality of the top USO models compared to the best models of S&B, Zeiss and Swarovski? I have a S&B scope myself, and I doubt that anything can be better. But again, I haven't tried any USO models yet, so I can't really say that S&B are the best.

One more question about US Optics, I have read that they are selling scopes with 300 MOA elevation adjustment. To be honest, it sounds just too much. But is this true? One thing that sounds more realistic is that you can order scopes with up to 200 MOA elevation adjustment. Again I have to verify with you. I'm hoping someone will answer my questions [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: US Optics

As I recall I think USO is using Zeiss Glass. I might be mistake on that but that is what I recall when buying my USO Scope.

From the experience I had they have a couple of scopes that are thier run of the mill that have what most people want. But the nice thing about the USO is you can customize it. If you want a 40mm tube you just order your scope with that tube diameter. It was about an hour long conversation to order the scope and asking question and desiding what I wanted to do. Then a couple weeks later the scope showed up.

The difference I see between USO and the other guys is the USO scopes are build like Brick Out Houses and you can have a custom build scope that fits your use.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

http://usoptics.com/
Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

I think the scopes with all that adjustment are the ones with the external adjustments. I don't see how you could get that much out of a scope unless it had a 50mm tube.

I have a S&B 4-16x50 PM II LP with the Fine P4 lit reticle on a custom 308 thats used as a police SWAT sniper rifle. i chose the S&B because at the time it was the best out their and when lives are at stake I feel thats the only thing thats worthy.

I have never put a USO heads up against my S&B but I'd say that they are damn close , the clairity and brightness were fantastic.
And yes they are built tough !! if I were going to build another gun to take the place of the one I have that wears the S&B I would likely get a USO.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member

James I believe you are correct,Nightforce scope I believe have more internal adjustments than the US Optics with internal adjustments..........
Old 06-22-2007, 04:36 AM

Allright, so the scopes with 200 MOA elevation have external adjustments, like Unertl? I have never tried a scope with external adjustment, how does it actually work? Such scopes aint actually tactical scopes for rough use in the field are they?

I have noticed that the SN-3 variable power models (and some of the fixed power models) can be ordered with a 40mm tube, how many MOA elevation can you expect at maximum when you buy this model?

I use a S&B 4-16x50 scope with a P4 Fine reticle, just like you, on my 338 Lapua. I just love S&B scopes! S&B + An accurate rifle = A deadly combination
Old 06-22-2007, 05:01 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Allright, so the scopes with 200 MOA elevation have external adjustments, like Unertl? I have never tried a scope with external adjustment, how does it actually work? Such scopes aint actually tactical scopes for rough use in the field are they?

I have noticed that the SN-3 variable power models (and some of the fixed power models) can be ordered with a 40mm tube, how many MOA elevation can you expect at maximum when you buy this model?

I use a S&B 4-16x50 scope with a P4 Fine reticle, just like you, on my 338 Lapua. I just love S&B scopes! S&B + An accurate rifle = A deadly combination

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the Unertl Scope with the external mounts,was the Marine Corps. main Sniper scope for decades.That's about as rough and tough of field use and tactical as it gets IMHO..

Go to US Optics web page get the phone number and call them USO will answer your questions.........