Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

US Optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2002, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: US Optics

I agree, but I still don't like buying something outside the United States unless it is from Sony. Who does have stuff here too. I don't have anything against Japan anymore, but maybe my Grandpa did.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

Nighthawk speaking from experience when you go into the military you'll have to loose that attitude or you wont make it to retire [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . A lot of countries are our allies and help support us in various adventures, yes they may have companies here in the states and the home office overseas but they do help.
If you want the best product and it's not made here then you will have to settle for second best. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Remember this " 1* " ... one as-t-risk no one but yours
Old 07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Silver Member

I'm just a jackass 17 year old. When I say things like that don't take it how it sounds. I don't have anything wrong with countries such as Japan. I just prefer to have things that are from here. A perference only, nothing more.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:22 AM
Silver Member

Adding to my last post. When I said I was going into the Navy, I was't going there for what you might be thinking. Such as being the captain of a ship or something. I was going to be an Engineer but as an officer. The best scope if the one in your head. Or anything for that matter [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2002, 12:36 AM
Gold Member

Not a problem and good luck on being and engineer in the navy.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:21 AM
Silver Member

Cat shooter

try to work for Japaneese company after you can understand that war is not over and they continue economy WAR with industry and trading
Japan is the leader in PRO BAN GUN that a fact not an idea , each time you purchase japanees stuff you increase the power of PRO BAN GUN .

Scope speaking now

US OPTIC .
if you forget the price you are able to shoot from 200 yards to 2000 yards without tapered base and other modifications .
You doesn't need variable power to shoot far a good SN6 22x with 35 mm main tube is around 2000$ that not 3000$ sure that US OPTIC SN3 with 50 mm main tube 80 mm front bell can kill you just by reading the price but no need for real long range shooting .

I agree that with old balvar and custom base you can get a good result but that stay used solution .

my entry choice for long range shooting is a
Leupold Premier 8.5x25 LR with CPC fine reticule or DOT if it is for pure target paper shooting , by this choice you just put 850 USD in the scope 200 USD in 20 MOA tapered base and 150 USD in a good set of tactical HD rings .
Sure that give you just around 100 moa of elevation but that work for long range not for ultra long range .
Same as in race car more you increase power more you incresae cost and I doesn't shoot the 2 miles each day .

Good shooting

DAN TEC
Old 07-31-2002, 06:56 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Even $2000 for a scope... $2000 dollars.. wow you can darn near get a new rifle ( new action trued , all the goodies, custom barrel etc. ) for that.. get the Lupy, rings and bases and some brass, powder and bullets for $3000!!!!!

I just can't justify the $3000 price tag... I just don't get it.... Ic ould sse if the glass was hands down second to none, it had an infared sighting system, ballistics computer, etc. but wow... I just don't see how they are better than the Nightforces or The Lupy's.... I read horror stories about teh service as well. If I pay $3000 for a scope the service rep better have ALL the time in the world for me and the scope should be fixed as new in less than 2 weeks. I read stories of guys who said it took months to get tehm fixed and they still wern't right....

I guess someone is gonna have to do alot of convincing me that $3000 is worht the price.

AS far as the bro ban gun stuff and the Japan issues.. heck one of the largest ranches out here is owned by a Japan Corperation. They have their hands in everything. The best way to fight the pro ban stuff is donate and support the NRA.. All gun owners need to be active in it. Coming from the legal fields.. The lawyers that the NRA has are very well schooled in the the gun issues and the best we can do is keep them funded!!