Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

U.S. Military Crusader Scopes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

U.S. Military Crusader Scopes?

Has anyone heard about these scopes? Are they really military scopes. It is 3-25x56mm with the ranging Mil-dot (looks like Horus ranging reticule) that is rear plane focal engraved. 30mm tube with 1/8" elevation & windage adjustments.

The scope is supposed to be a + or - $3000.00 scope.

What would be a good price for a used one in really good shape?

joseph
Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

Re: U.S. Military Crusader Scopes?

3000....lol

I do not think the military uses them and 100 bucks would be a good price on a used one assuminmg you are referring to the counter sniper crusader scopes.
The sales hype is all hype..... caveat emptor.

That said the scopes track okay glass is on par or a little better than super sniper scopes. The FFP reticule is too thick and they are heavy. I think midway sells them under 400 bucks and they are not too bad for a cheap scope IMO. The lighted reticule is a bit cheesy. I bought two of them when I needed cheap glass. I have not been too dissapointed.

Actually when you start looking for a reasonably priced low power scope ( 1-4x range) with 30mm tube, mill dots and exposed turrets they are a pretty good scope for the money, as just about everything with those features is sky high. The higher power model is about the same quality as one of the super sniper brands IMO.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
Has anyone heard about these scopes? Are they really military scopes. It is 3-25x56mm with the ranging Mil-dot (looks like Horus ranging reticule) that is rear plane focal engraved. 30mm tube with 1/8" elevation & windage adjustments.

The scope is supposed to be a + or - $3000.00 scope.

What would be a good price for a used one in really good shape?

joseph
SG sells them for under $700 ...

new U.S. Military 3 - 25x56 Mm Crusader Scope, Covert Matte Black Hardcoat, Scopes, Counter Sniper at Sportsman's Guide

... use it as a baseline.

Good luck!

V/R

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
Are they really military scopes.
joseph
No they are not.

Mike @ CSGW
Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Bronze Member

I got the 3-25 from Mudway. It was advertised as FFP, but actually it is a SFP which I prefer for hunting creatures that do not shoot back. Anyway, it seems to be a decent scope for the money. I need to get to the range to check the calibration power of the mil dots and try out the turrents. It has the TDRM illuminated reticle which has 2 different horizontal lines with mildots and also some other scales that I have no idea how to use. I wrote the company to get some instructions about the reticle, but they did not have anything to explain it, go figure. I think it will be useful once I have the time to try it out and record some drops.