Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics


Reply

Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 4,820
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
Yup, sure did use a commercially made lens tissue, bought at same place as the Zeiss cleaner. To the ones that try it your lens will come out looking like the day you removed the bubble wrap.
Sorry but my scopes are cleaner now than when I first got them without using your recommended way ... besides, it makes it a challenge when scope is already mounted on a rifle esp when it's a 30" barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
My process. Good for any waterproof optic which hunting optics should be.
Furthermore, with my current cleaning method, I can clean my scopes and any hunting optics effectively and safely at any time afield.


(Just one of my pocket size cleaning kits I take with me - also keep one in my range bag and glove compartment)

Thanks for sharing though!
__________________

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.



"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 223
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

ideally I like to use some compressed air from one of those computer cleaning cans. Then I like to use HOT tap water. most of the time I don't need alcohol just a lense cloth
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,909
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
Yup, sure did use a commercially made lens tissue, bought at same place as the Zeiss cleaner. To the ones that try it your lens will come out looking like the day you removed the bubble wrap.

Bubble wrap??? My bino's came with lens caps inside a HG Codura nylon carrying case. Bubble wrap is for KMart bino's.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,909
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

FEENIX: Amen to the little kit for your stuff!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 50
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy View Post
ideally I like to use some compressed air from one of those computer cleaning cans. Then I like to use HOT tap water. most of the time I don't need alcohol just a lense cloth
After the water are they less for wear?




FYI- The last piece of optics I purchased was the Pentax XW 14 eyepiece. It came in a tube with foam and was bubble wrapped. I wasn't aware K-Mart sells them.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,909
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
After the water are they less for wear?




FYI- The last piece of optics I purchased was the Pentax XW 14 eyepiece. It came in a tube with foam and was bubble wrapped. I wasn't aware K-Mart sells them.

A 14X EYEPIECE dont sound like a pair of BINOCULARS to me..????
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 50
Re: Tutorial-Foolproof way to Clean Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
A 14X EYEPIECE dont sound like a pair of BINOCULARS to me..????
The OP is about cleaning optics. If you are happy with your method all the good. Those are looking for an alternative give it a try. It'll cost under $5.00. Post your results.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC