Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Truck delivery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Silver Member

Re: Truck delivery

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of you locating a used H-45 Horus in a S&B? Horus here has a bunch on "field trials" that Uncle is not too motivated to return.

[/ QUOTE ] SOMEHOW I doubt it. The 45 appeared abot the same time the USDDT got tough.
[ QUOTE ]
On Benchrest forum, one innovator has machined a one piece base mechanism whose built in moa may be altered to the scope and target. --about US $500-- stimulate the litle grey cells?

[/ QUOTE ] Yp seen it - way OTT - so therefore very nice. I'm working on something a little more rustic - sort of like the front mount of USO's SN9 crossed with a Sako Optilux and rear via shims. So pre-adjustable. But using EAW mounts on a 20MOA rail would work (I may even have to resort to this - drattit)
Old 04-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Silver Member

Chris, shims have a unique ability to disappear to unknown locations at the worst possible time--. Just nnodlin arround-- does the screw and indexed elevation system of an old Redfield 1,000yd iron sight have any potential applications in a new adjustble base? The large screw mechanism is more difficlult to loose in the field. Overbore
Old 04-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, shims have a unique ability to disappear to unknown locations at the worst possible time--. Just nnodlin arround-- does the screw and indexed elevation system of an old Redfield 1,000yd iron sight have any potential applications in a new adjustble base? The large screw mechanism is more difficlult to loose in the field. Overbore

[/ QUOTE ]The idea is shim once. Basically a tilted rail alternative (esp for those who dont have comercial acces to this - airgunners). Once fitted NOT ADJUSTABLE. Adjustable mounts have a nasty tendency to vibrate loose. I'm a fan of the KISS system.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Silver Member

Chris, I have a new Stiller Predator action mated with a 1-11 twist Kreiger for 175 gr for F class competition. What Kalinka scope or brand X can you suggest? As I am a "super senior" no weight worries other than my own. Cordially, Overbore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Silver Member

That's a bit of a toughie. I dont think right now Kalinka has anything I'd fit. And out that far I'd want good glass. ELITE4200?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Silver Member

Chris and All, Have you any experience with the "Ivey Design" Adjustgable Scope Mount? This appears to take away the problems of adjustment limits ( elevation ) with 1/8th moa scopes and the micrometer feature may give rock solid repeatable "return to zero" abilities. Ideas? Other than reduce the price, naturally-- Happy Easter All. Overbore