Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Truck delivery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Silver Member

Truck delivery

Chris, that is something special; what are the clicks; moa? Any zero stop or quick return to zero feature? How do we get that truck to deliver here? What does it have for a reticle? BTW, Kalinka is translating a 19 page manual for me. Any idea of at what power one ranges? Enjoy your scope and keep us posted when you test repeatability of W&E mechanism. Cordially, Overbore
Old 04-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Silver Member

Re: Truck delivery

Clicks 1/20miliradian - 5mm at 100m. Getting it in the US - well I'm sure I'll be able to help. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] - Eventually though I'm pretty sure Kalinka will have them.
Reticle
Couple of piccies.

at 8,16 & 32 mag.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Silver Member

Chris, I am of the school of matching- whether it is blonds, redheads -or scopes the clicks and the reticle must be the same units if one is going to keep the mind uncluttered with conversions and calculators as under "stress" buck or target feaver will rear its ugly head. I like the circles around the reference marks and the quick acquisition abilities with the inner circle. Have you seen the Horus H-45 reticle? An outer ghost ring keeps the eye/parallaz thing honest. Got my manual but no "power to range specific sized objects"--. I can reverse engineer using a 72" high target. What is your marketing position in the optics world? Ex-Im Type or Agent at large or just well connected? Many thanks, Overbore. ps those trucks you use do not float--. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Silver Member

I'm a matching sort of guy too (except maybe in the Horus case - cos it doesnt matter). So the dimensions are % of Miliradian and the clicks as well - one click is the same as the small dots on this scope.

The H45 is nice 'cept I thing the big circle to far out.

Marketing/sales. My aim is to supply direct. I already move low end optics and used to do NV as well. Also I'm a trained "smith" though here getting the permits is too much hassle.

The US I'm sure will be "given" to Kalinka unless I shift HUGE quantities. But as it stands I'm not yet 100% happy to put my name to this. Needs a couple of (non-optical) things sorting.

LRH guys will get special deals. Still a fair way to go though.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Silver Member

Chris, a few clen-up items: Horus clicks are .250"/moa. Source my scope and their published data. H-45 outer ring is a cheek-stock weld improver ( no such terminology but there is now ) ; military has decided that H-45's simple ret. is too cumbersome so it has been dumbed down to the H-48 for fast multiple targets. Looking for an "after market" H-45 because of my major shoulder rebuild--. I am a two your user of full Horus system and for long range one shot hits it is great given all the variables in powder burn vs. temp, air density changes, wind and target speeds--. I believe the best development in scope technology will be one like the Fat Albert you now have proto. of, that will include the LRF and a simple computer program to tap in the variables to have an on screen ( eye piece ) solution to all the factors very much like heads up display in modern military birds. I, pardon the pun, "see" a simple screw on cannon plug type device , field changable naturally, that would be the input source to the onborad ( in scope body ) computer. Overbore
Old 04-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
I am a two your user of full Horus system ... I believe the best development in scope technology will be one like the Fat Albert you now have proto. of, that will include the LRF and a simple computer program to tap in the variables to have an on screen ( eye piece ) solution to all the factors very much like heads up display in modern military birds.

[/ QUOTE ]I've had my Horus since 2003 too. I'm aware of discussions to try and tie up RANGEFINDERS etc with scopes that adjust themselves (elevation primarily) AND even comunicate with the guns themselves. More I cant say as it would give away the source to their competitors.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

Chris, no problem with close to the vest. Any chance of you locating a used H-45 Horus in a S&B? Horus here has a bunch on "field trials" that Uncle is not too motivated to return.
On Benchrest forum, one innovator has machined a one piece base mechanism whose built in moa may be altered to the scope and target. --about US $500-- stimulate the litle grey cells? Cordially, Overbore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]