Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Top end binoculars and eye glasses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Silver Member

Top end binoculars and eye glasses

I've been researching my next pair of binoculars. The field started with the Zeiss FL, Leica Ultravids, and the Swarovski EL, all in 10x42. One of the considerations I face is use with eye glasses. One review down grades the Swarovski EL for eye glass friendliness. Because of that reason I'd have to narrow it down to the Zeiss and Leica. Otherwise they are all neck and neck with the exception of differences in warranty and maybe ergonomics. I thought I'd check with this forum to see if anyone has experience comparing these binoculars with eye glasses. I don't have access to a place to compare them myself. Thanks.

Gordon
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Top end binoculars and eye glasses

I wear glasses and eye relief is important to me also... the Leica Ultravid is very eye glass frendly... It also depends on your face and the style of glasses you wear. NJS