Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Time for a scope change any recomendations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Bronze Member

Time for a scope change any recomendations?

I have a T/C venture .300 win mag. Currently I have a Simmons 4-12x44 SF. Its a decent scope but not enough magnification for my likeing. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

More info abput your application would help folks: type of hunting, range, reticle preference, budget, etc.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Time for a scope change any recomendations?

Stick a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 or Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 on there, and enjoy being able to see!

I have several Simmons scopes. They are not bad scopes at all, especially for the price range, but once you go high-end, with the extreme clarity and crisp view, it's really hard to ever go back.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_ventura View Post
More info abput your application would help folks: type of hunting, range, reticle preference, budget, etc.

times 2
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Stick a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 or Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 on there, and enjoy being able to see!

I have several Simmons scopes. They are not bad scopes at all, especially for the price range, but once you go high-end, with the extreme clarity and crisp view, it's really hard to ever go back.
Times TWO!!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Bronze Member

Ok sorry for the lack of info. My intentions are to make my .300 win mag into a 100 - 1000 yrd rig. I have looked at several brands of optics from Zeiss, Swarovski, NightForce, Vortex, pretty much all the usual suspets. My price range is up to $1200.00. Input would be much appreciated. Again sorry for not explaining my needs in the first post. I own Nikon's, zeiss diavari and bushnell elite 6500.
Thanks guys any and all input would be appreciated. By the way I got #5 bruxton barrel in today I almost shed a tear cause I'm one step closer for my build.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Silver Member

You should take a look at the Vortex PST 6-24X50 FFP. You can find these for under $1000 usually and are pretty decent optics. Scan the classifieds and you can also find a used Leupold for around $1000 that would work as well. Those would be my two recommendations based on your intended use and budget.

Geb