Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Is there a difference in a Nightforce and a Schmidt & Bender???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Is there a difference in a Nightforce and a Schmidt & Bender???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I own neither, either and I'm not about to spend 4 grand on any scope. I have other priorities in life.

S&B IMO, is a status symbol, like wearing a Rolex or driving a Bugatti. Sure you'd love to have one, if, you had the disposable income, most don't. I will say I have a Rolex but it's used. Can't afford or don't want to pay 15 grand for a watch. Even a non working watch is right twice a day....lol

This my sope is better than your scope or my rifle is better than your rifle crap is actually amusing. Even the least inexpensive rifle or scope is actually better thaan 90% of the owners who own them.

Kind of reminds me of the clown who buys a 20 grand diesel utility tractor to mow his 1/2 acre with. Pure ego, nothing else.
I hope that the guys like myself that have worked 20 hours a day for 45 years
are exempt from being in the elite 5 %...Grew up on a dairy farm ,,,worked
in the woods logging and stone quarry and excavating...Love hunting ,,shooting,,and own-- S&B--Nightforce--swaro--zeiss--leupold bushnell...
and I use them a lot..
I think I found out long ago in my case only if I bought cheap I never had one
bit of luck..I know the other side of the coin also and that's why I put in the hours
I did so I could buy what I figure is the best ...Just my friendly thought on this.
OH I mow 5 acres of lawn and I do it with a diesel tractor that also helps me in
my 2 acre garden.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

No issue. One upmanship has always been the credo of the American male (and female) Sometimes it gets tedious.

I mow 7 acres with a ZTR. I farm so tractors are farm tools. My reference was the the subdivision owner with a postage stamp lawn, mowing it with a 4wd sub compact...just because, or the city dweller with a 4wd pickup that never puts anything other than groceries in the bed...just because.

I find that humorous, arcanely humorous.

So long as you are happy, thats all that matters, well relatively happy.......
Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
No issue. One upmanship has always been the credo of the American male (and female) Sometimes it gets tedious.

I mow 7 acres with a ZTR. I farm so tractors are farm tools. My reference was the the subdivision owner with a postage stamp lawn, mowing it with a 4wd sub compact...just because, or the city dweller with a 4wd pickup that never puts anything other than groceries in the bed...just because.

I find that humorous, arcanely humorous.

So long as you are happy, thats all that matters, well relatively happy.......
Other than some health issues I fall into the relatively happy category,but I
do get your point.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

At my age (over 60 but not 70), health issues are a given. Wish the lord provided grease fittings in my joints because the lubricant is about gone, replaced with a Motrin regimen, I can't see as good as I used to and it takes longer to go and it's more frequent.

I still like girls (and my wife) but lecherous thoughts are less, replaced by 'is it bed time yet?'

Finally, I have to conciously put things where they belong or forget where they are and thats a big issue because I own a machine shop and there is always stuff sitting around. I misplaced a toolmakers square a few days ago, for the life of me, I could not remember where I sat it, it bugged me until I saw it sitting right where I left it, on the arbor housing of the surface grinder. I bet I looked at it a hundred times..... oh well.

I keep a pad in my pocket to write down things that I might forget, that I should not forget.

Getting old is tough.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Platinum Member

Our military is dumping the Barska's for S&B under the Obama healthcare plan, we should sign up too.

GO S&B...

lol
Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Our military is dumping the Barska's for S&B under the Obama healthcare plan, we should sign up too.

GO S&B...

lol
Boy, our country really is goin to hell in a handbasket...:( Barskas got a new laser line out now too!! Whats uncle sam thinkin?!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
Boy, our country really is goin to hell in a handbasket...:( Barskas got a new laser line out now too!! Whats uncle sam thinkin?!
'Thinkin it aint their money......

Considering the 'buy domestic only policy', I'm suprised. but then, is any optic domestic made?