Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Is there a difference in a Nightforce and a Schmidt & Bender???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: Is there a difference in a Nightforce and a Schmidt & Bender???

Ok then, as long as you have SOLD every type of scope out there thats good enough for me! As far as what type of scope it was is redundant, they use the same glass in all their lines.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by window licker View Post
Ok then, as long as you have SOLD every type of scope out there thats good enough for me! As far as what type of scope it was is redundant, they use the same glass in all their lines.
Hey, if you can't admit that your favorite brand of glass is capable of having flaws, then by all means continue to live in your little bubble. But in the real world, things break and things have imperfections....Including Schmidt & Bender scopes. So, if I were you, I'd realize what I was talking about before entering into a coversation with someone in your condescending tone. What i have and have not done in my life is 100% unknown to you. You don't know me, you don't have the slightest clue who I am. So, how can you be so condescending in your judgements, b/c someone else stated the opposite of what you think.

If you have S&B scopes, go for it. I'm not spending $4K on a damn scope, that a $2K scope will do just as good a job as.

But I don't hate on people who do, that would be purely ignorant for me to do such a thing.

I don't own a NF or an S&B, so whether you think I'm trying to pull someone away from S&B (if that's what you might think), then that's pretty sad. I'm just stating what I have seen and done in my life. If you can't handle or accept that, then go live your own instead of doubting mine.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

I probably will buy S&B next, I was impressed with March though. It's a cop out the Japanese thing, that speaks volumes about the companies financial position and long term commitment. Sad... I'm going S&B next. They have the rep and aftermarket following from everything I read. Thanks for all the comments gentleman...
Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Silver Member

You win, may the scope you buy be the standard to which all others are judged. I dont think your rant is compelling enough to pull anyone off a. Barska so i wouldnt worry about optic sales plummeting in germany anytime soon.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Platinum Member

I'm not trying to pull anyone off of anything. If you want a S&B, go buy it, they're great scopes. I'm stating what I've seen. But for you to tell me there is no possible way for ANY S&B scope to EVER be flawed is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

Now, if you want to continue this stupid ******* contest that you decided to initiate, go do it by yourself.

I don't own a Barska. I have some cheap scopes, and I have some high-end scopes. 3 of which are German glass.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Gold Member

Since we're on the subject of Barska, does anyone know where I can get a Barska sticker for my rear window?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Silver Member

Yeah i do, peel it off mudrunners rear window.