Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Terrapin at the PO today--for me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

Terrapin at the PO today--for me!

Unbelievable! How did this get here so fast? It was sent out Thursday or Friday... Anyway got me fired up but while the sun was high the temperature was low, but I still got accurate readings of 15m, 18m, outside, and 20m through a double pane window, inside. And then there's these--twilight at 8:30Pm through the same double pane window. Did I mention that these are my first attempts at photography through the PLRF05's eyepiece? Any suggestions out there?
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Terrapin at the PO today--for me!-1st-views-.jpg   Terrapin at the PO today--for me!-1st-views-b.jpg  

Old 03-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Silver Member

Re: Terrapin at the PO today--for me!

I thought--and given conditions--that something different would be in order for an already well established rangefinder. These are what I worked with tonight; tomorrow I'll try to squeeze in some more longer shots, but it will be below zero and bright.
Terrapin at the PO today--for me!-1st-views-c.jpg   Terrapin at the PO today--for me!-1st-views-d.jpg  

Terrapin at the PO today--for me!-1st-views-e.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

i think you'll find it will range farther than 20m...just guessing
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

alcesgigas,
Would you by chance be anywhere near Judy or Jay Jesperson????

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Silver Member

Brooks Range Outfitters will reopen for business in May, and yes, they're right here in Bettles between say, May 15 through October 15.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Platinum Member

Thats right, I forgot that they are not there at this time of year. I saw where you were from and I flew with them last year to the Brooks for a dall sheep hunt---had a blast.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Silver Member

I sure would appreciate some advice here on how to get some acceptable photographs through my new Terrapin. I had it to 1741 yards today out on the river, but the wind gusts at near zero (warmer today) diminished any ability I might have had. I do have the ability to still the PLRF05; it's the connect between the camera and ocular lens that causes me grief. This is the best shot of today off my short trap line.

If I remember right this one was 397 yards--so hard to see against that bright sun! Down sun would have been right up against the wind. I won't be offended if you send advice...
Terrapin at the PO today--for me!-terrapin-.jpg